In Order of Preference, Your Top Three Favorite Pies

Really? You can buy pre-made on market shelves here in Maryland, plus what comes down from PA at Amish markets. I make my own. It’s not much different from making blueberry pie.

Good to know. The fruit must cook down quite a bit. How many cups to one 9-10 inch pie?

Tourtière
Chicken
Lemon/key lime/citrus curd

1 Like

which part of Maryland?

Does hamburger pie qualify as a pie or is that just something those of us in the center of the country had at lunchtime in school?
I never understood it. I like mashed potatoes, I like hamburger, but put the two together and :frowning:

1 Like

You don’t like them together @bbqboy? That is erroneously referred to in the US as Shepard’s Pie and I think it’s qualifies as pie.

1 Like

Annapolis

5ish cups for a pie. I round up heavily (grin) for poofy top.

1 Like

thanks
must be from the amish market in harbor center?
used to frequent Annapolis when in laws were alive at Franklin street across from old hospital. Perhaps you know of them. McWilliams
you are practically a neighbor but I do not drive much nowadays

BLACKBERRY
Apricot
Angel (lemon filling in a meringue crust topped with whipped cream

1 Like

With cinnamon, so good! Would be on my top 5.

2 Likes

Apple …

Blackberry …

Cherry …

Exactly. Not someplace we shop regularly - it’s more of an outing than a shopping trip.

The Franklin St hospital pre-dates my recollection. I started racing in Annapolis in 1982 while living in Northern Virginia (and while in college in NY before that). I moved here in 2006. By the time hospitals crossed my radar it was probably 2010.

I lived on my boat in Eastport (both sides of Back Creek) for a few years. We now have a house near Harness Creek.

Happy here near the water but Annapolis is a bit of a culinary wasteland. Tourist centered restaurants, mostly, and other than some tiny Hispanic groceries no ethnic food sources. Amazing given the variety in Baltimore, DC, and Northern Virginia.

I hope I am not offending anyone here .
Will send you message since you are practically a neighbor

1 Like

I look forward to it.

Does Busch’s Chesapeake Inn still exist?

boysenberry
chicken pot pie
strawberry-rhubarb

1 Like

So now that I’ve read the thread, I can reconfirm I enjoy all pies! Pie, the perfect portioned meal!

4 Likes

pecan
pecan
pecan

5 Likes

If we’re talking dessert, I’ll go with sour cherry with lattice top, rhubarb custard with almond streusel and apple streusel topped with cheddar cheese.

Savory is much harder to narrow down to three, but I’ll go with tourtiere, quiche Lorraine and any kind of meat hand pie (empanadas, Jamaican beef patties, etc.).

1 Like