I love butter

Kerrygold is good, but my favorite was the cultured butter from Brittany that Trader Joe’s sold, but recently discontinued. I still have a couple of half-pounds in the freezer.

2 Likes

Any thoughts on this butter?

Farm Fresh To You - Farm Product Details

An ode to butter in sandwich form:

1 Like

So true. I mentioned a French butter earlier in the thread which I like but the last time I got it, it was not as good. I did not check the date but I’m guessing it was not as fresh as others I have bought. It tasted ok just not as I remembered. Maybe I am just used to it now (spoiled).

After reading your comment about Kerrygold I remembered that I have some which I planned to make Christmas cookies with but did not. When I saw the use by date was Dec 15th I was unhappy until I saw that it is Dec 15th 2023. That’s a long time. It is unsalted.

my DW loves to make Christmas cookies - from 3 generation back recipes . . .
this are NOT ‘dump cookies’ - lots of effort involved.

so I get heavy cream, lift-bowl KA stand mixer, , , , and make our own butter.
making butter like this . . . one can with vigor and intent reduce the water content to next-to-nil. her sugar cookies with near-zero water butter are spectacular - as many others.

1 Like

I use “Farm Fresh To You”, but haven’t bought the butter, nor many other perishables for that matter, because I wasn’t home when they deliverd.

But I am now, and would love to know how it is! I put it on my favorites list!

BTW, I usually have a lot of butter in my freezer, from when I find a product or a deal that I like.

1 Like

Apparently Kerrygold has been pulled from shelves in NY because the packaging contains PFAs. Supposedly it will be back soon, but what shall I do in the meantime??? Lesson learned, never let your freezer stash dwindle to nothing again! :rofl:

2 Likes

There is a Canadian brand, Stirling, made in Ontario, that is 84% b.f. I haven’t tried I yet; have to correct that oversight!

1 Like

for me it’s ok. i like butter. i’m no expert. it tastes like butter !

i like farm fresh to you. ez for veg fruit milk eggs. can customize box

the frozen shrimp is good price and super handy too.

2 Likes

I just noticed this mistake and tried to correct it (2 hours after I posted), but HO would not let me.

1 hour editing window.
We’ve all done the delayed proof reading and resultant non-editing…

2 Likes

I just blame it on the glass(es) of wine I had while posting. :wink:

4 Likes

I haven’t had that excuse this month, and it’s annoying!

2 Likes

We have been enjoying an Irish butter we found about a year ago called Truly Grass Fed. We like the salted variety and buy it in sticks. We don’t bake with it (because we don’t bake) but we use it when we want butter on vegetables and on bread, cook scallops/shrimp and baste good pan seared steak with it. We like it better than Kerry Gold, Kate’s and any of the French butters we can get where we live (which are limited, to be sure). We also recently bought a wedge of their Natural Sharp Cheddar and enjoyed it very much.

3 Likes

They’re at Market Basket! Will have to try them out - better than Kerrygold and Kate’s, huh?

DH & I both like it better!

3 Likes

really like truly, both salted and unsalted. for those of us who shop at market basket: every so often, it goes on sale for $2 for 8-ounces.

4 Likes

Stopped into Hmart today to see if I could find this (or Kerrygold) and no luck. I did pick up Vermont Creamery cultured and Anchor organic, though ($5.99 and $6.99 for 8oz respectively). They should get me through until Kerrygold is back on the shelves, but I will continue to keep an eye out for Truly Grass Fed.

4 Likes

I just saw some today in a local store and was wondering about it. Thanks for the info!

2 Likes

Has anyone tried this?