Houston Openings and Closings - 2022

Well I need to know where they go! They are located in an old Pizza Hut that is structurally not great. They had to close last year for several weeks for plumbing repairs and it nearly broke them. I went for Houston restaurant weeks last year and enjoyed a really good meal. This is the review I gave it on the Facebook page Houston Foodie Friends that was starting by cleverly stone.

I went to Dak and Bop for an amazing $20/3 course lunch. First known for its Korean Fried Chicken location in the medical center, it is now on 18th Street in The Heights/Timbergrove.

This is a steal of a deal, and everything was great. Pictured are: appetizers Cucumber Salad (spicy) and Jjajang noodle salad. Main course was KFC wings with soy garlic sauce and a KFC sandwich with medium spicy sauce and fries. Dessert was mango pot decreme and Thai Tea Semifreddo. We also split an order of pork belly baos from the main menu just ‘cause.

Not sure about the pot decreme, but everything else was outstanding. Highly recommend. :+1::+1:

1 Like

I went to that original and was very impressed. The place had a sort of weird parking situation that may have played a part in the move, although I think there’s a Barnaby’s in there now.

I’ll be watching for a move. It was (!!) the closest KFC to me.

1 Like

This is all over the foodie media so everybody’s probably seen it. Already open.

I can’t get the menu to open.

Revival is such a small space, I don’t know how it worked out. There’s only a handful of two seat bistro style tables. I noticed that it says first come first serve on tables. I guess the other people just stand around or take stuff to go. I wish her the very best.

Yeah, I ate on the covered sidewalk out front one time, only ate inside one time. But if she removes all the shelves and meat cases, etc. … Wish her luck, too.

See the topic on Food News in the rest of Texas.

Could have put that here (or in the Gumbo thread) because of the locations in Katy & The Woodlands but I think we need to try and stir up interest in this board in the rest of Texas, maybe get more posters.

2 Likes

I can and it looks pretty good.

But like y’all, I’m wondering where I’m going to sit.

1 Like

Quiote, Montrose Mexican bar, reopens in Houston (chron.com)

Skipped right over my neighborhood for some reason.

1 Like

According to a thread on Haif, Terry Black’s BBQ from Austin, which has been planning to come to Houston, has purchased most of the 3100 bloc of N. Shepherd. Either planning a huge place, future possible expansion, or a huge parking lot???

If the link works, this is the recent activity on the thread.

That’s really odd, maybe investment/developing? Is this the same Black’s as the Black’s in Lockhart?

I think it’s the same family but - well, you know, family feuds, etc. I think there’s a line in the article about that.

1 Like

I didn’t know about these. Not in my area I guess.

Near Greenway Plaza. I don’t understand either - just a neighborhood park that they tried to turn into a destination??? I don’t really understand all these food halls, either. What is that - a replacement for mall food courts since so many malls are dying???

Salad and Go, a chain out of Phoenix, taking over at the corner of Greenbriar and University on the eastern edge of the Village. The Village Greenery has already moved out.

One of their locations in Dallas. Looks like a long reach to the window :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Saw this on Next Door earlier - the new operators, who were operating out of a trailer in the parking lot while renovating the inside, I think, closed over the weekend, so it’s gone for good.

1 Like
1 Like