Food News of interest in the rest of Texas

3 Likes

Home page - Wurstfest

November 4-13 in New Braunfels.

I was there several times in the 60s. Beer by the bucket full - woo hoo! (We were college boys, after all).

1 Like

Fans of Phil Rosenthal‘s Netflix series “Somebody Feed Phil“ will be happy to know that a new season is premiering on October 18. The line up this time includes Austin where he spent some time at SXSW this summer. The show is a food travel log. Other destinations on this season include Croatia, Philadelphia, Nashville and Santiago. All episodes arrive at once on Netflix, so you can choose which ones do you want to watch first.

1 Like

Chef Tim Love’s restaurant in west Fort Worth set to reopen after rains, flooding (msn.com)

ABOUT — San Angelo Food + Wine Festival (satxfw.com)

Barbecue lovers will go hog wild for new BBQ festival in Arlington - CultureMap Dallas

I’m confused. Is San Angelo now hip?
Land of my forefathers.
I haven’t been back since I was a kid. :cowboy_hat_face: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well they’ve got a symphony, ballet, art museum, performing arts hall — and a rodeo and fat stock show. Whaddaya want? 100,000 pop! I had no idea it was that big. May have been thru one time in the 50s, not sure.

One night only. I guess they don’t want anybody to get too drunk with all the beer and wine? I don’t see anything about how long this has been held, though. Maybe just tryin’?

1 Like

Rich ranchers and oilmen want some culture, :slight_smile:

1 Like

I thought that’s what the private landing strips and the Lear Jets are for??? Anyway, wouldn’t they rather go to a tractor pull? :grinning:

2 Likes

Burger news from Cowtown:

Jon’s Grille restaurant in Fort Worth to open soon near TCU | Fort Worth Star-Telegram

1 Like

More news from Cowtown, via the Big D:

Inside Caterina’s, the controversial Fort Worth restaurant with a no-phone policy (dallasnews.com)

Good story.

Probably need to create a separate thread for DFW, or two threads.

1 Like

And the Big D. A podcast - git yer earbuds on.

LISTEN: Where do celebrities eat in Dallas? And what do they order? (dallasnews.com)

ETA: The story about Fletcher’s listed in the ICYMI listings at the bottom is about the State Fair corny dogs people.

1 Like

Lookie what we have here:

3 Likes

But the restaurant is still closed per their website.

1 Like

I had to look up Bremond…between College Station and Waco, pop 848. There are so many little towns in Texas.

Me too. I think I’ve seen the sign :grin: - maybe on 35?

There appears to be, or has been, a Polish resto - Groholskis? Not clear if it’s still in business (or perhaps only open on Sundays!)

1 Like

I love the name. Sounds like just my kind of place. There’s a location in Katy on Fry…

2 Likes