Holymood Stainless Steel Cutting Board -- your thought?

As some of you know, I am not a big fan of using glass or stainless steel as cutting boards. However, I have to admit the advertisement messages of Holymood stainless steel cutting board are well done.

1. Easy to clean
  2. No deformation, cracking, stained and leave no cut mark
  3. Does not absorb bacteria nor odor
  4. Stainless steel actively remove seafood odor. (I like this message the most)
    – I believe this is the same argument for stainless steel soap.

So what do you think? Are you intrigue to get a new stainless steel cutting board? Isn’t food safety and elimination of food odor important to your family?

(post deleted by author)

No way. Clack, clack, crack.

2 Likes

You sure. You sure? :wink: Don’t be shy. With your Sabatier knives, you may able to use the cutting board as a honing steel (or rather honing board).

3 Likes

I’m buying one - got to have it and test it out.

Just kidding… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

They’re coming for my wooden salad bowl next! En garde!

This is so unappealing ….

2 Likes

IMO, that would kill your knife edges pretty fast.

5 Likes

True. But what about other advantages, Mr. Lambchop?

1 Like

I think the advantages would be a surface that doesn’t promote bacterial growth - big plus! Looks good too, can also be used to place ingredients for cooking. Easy cleanup, easy to disinfect, and maybe NSF certified, possibly.

I am Ms lambchop! :blush:

3 Likes

I have a wood board that’s stamped NSF. Granted, I’ve had it a million years, but …

Boos has a line of wood boards that are NSF certified.

3 Likes

In all honesty, I wonder if this is the reason why most (short term) rental places provide a glass cutting board and serrated knives. Maybe they worry any plastic cutting board or wood cutting board being unsanitary and rental residents get sick and sue them.

1 Like

You know, just not sure about that - maybe because it would also serve to put a hot pan on & not burn or compromise the counter surfaces, whatever they may be. Just a guess of course.

I used to always use my wood boards as trivets when I had Formica countertops …

1 Like

Now that I think a bit more. I had used glass cutting boards a few times in my life. Like my college roomate had a glass cutting board, and staying at a temporary housing place which provided a glass cutting board. If my memory serves me right, one down side of using a glass cutting board is that foods (especially meat) can slide around during food cutting which is a little scary. I bet stainless steel cutting boards have this problem too.

1 Like

Yes, they might also have a problem, not sure. I had two glass cutting boards at one time, and used one of them when I placed the CrockPot on them, but I never liked cutting on them. I gave them away, shortly after.
Come to think of it, I’ve never cut anything on stainless steel. I wonder how hard it is, as compared to a bamboo cutting board, for instance. I don’t use bamboo, because while the wood is nice, the ultra hard glues used to make them, makes them unsuitable for me. I do own a couple, which are mainly used for serving purposes - charcuterie, and cheese, etc. YMMV

From several standpoints, this is one of the worst ideas I’ve ever heard.

6 Likes

No, just no.
Can you imagine what it would do to your knife edges?

2 Likes

Sure, but it can do the rest below
1. Easy to clean
2. No deformation, cracking, stained and leave no cut mark
3. Does not absorb bacteria nor odor
4. Stainless steel actively remove seafood odor.

I would imagine it would be a good cutting board for a novice whetstone user - lots of free pratice on your knives, they’ll dull very fast and need sharpening quite often.

I’m bored right now, because my Dickoron honing rods keep me away from using my whetstones often enough. The edges on my knives are maintained very very well just from using 2-3 Dickoron honingrods & a ceramic honingrod and nothing else before each knife session.

Maybe I should buy this stainless steel cutting board after all :wink:

4 Likes

I have never had a cutting board that absorbed odors…not hardwood, not acrylic, not poly (the ones I use now because they’re easier on my knives and can go in the dishwasher that is run on th sanitize cycle)

I also refuse to drop cash on a stainless bar when stainless spoon will do the job just as well and not hog precious space.

I’m not coming up with a good reason to own this.

pricey
destroyer of knives
slippery
solves problems that don’t exist

2 Likes