HOdown at Drew’s in Keyport Jan. 26th 4pm

Maybe I should start a gofundme! haha

I’ve been to Drews a few times, always a great time there. I just hate missing out on epic meals like this!!

1 Like

Joon, I’m pretty sure we have one spot available, so please keep us posted. Thx!

@joonjoon I’ve confirmed that we do have a seat available, so just let me know what you decide.

Tried Drew’s last night. What a wonderful treat. You are all in for a great food experience.

My only complaint - if it can even be called that - was the problem we had finding the door. If you arrive after dark you’ll see what I mean. Have faith - it is there.

Enjoy your meals.

2 Likes

Nice! What did you have?

I had the Empanada special, the NY strip, and the Beignets for dessert. My wife had oysters to start, the house salad, the salmon special, and the chocolate/pretzel tart for dessert.

Everything was exactly as it should have been.

2 Likes

Folks, we need to lock down our final count for Drew’s… here’s the current RSVP list:

@paryzer (2)
@CurlzNJ (1)
@seal (1)
@MsBean (1)
@FoodSnob (2)
@BossaNova (2)
@corvette_johnny (1)

Due to a few changes/cancellations, we’re now at 10 and can accommodate two more people, so if you’ve been waiting to say yes, today’s the day to do it!

I’m still in. It’s BYOB, right?

Yes! BYO for sure . And i’ll remind you all again to please bring cash if you can… $65 per person includes the tip.

I’m bringing bitcoin :smile:

1 Like

BYOB - Bring Your Own Bitcoin

1 Like

God luck everyone. Have a great meal at one of this board fav spots. Looking red to jr’s karaoke story surely to follow.

2 Likes

Last call! Eli is going to reach out to Drew later today…looks like we’re at 10 unless someone else chimes in ASAP!

@paryzer] (2)
@CurlzNJ (1)
@seal (1)
@MsBean (1)
@FoodSnob (2)
@BossaNova (2)
@corvette_johnny (1)

I just called Drew’s and confirmed our reservation for 10 people at 4PM this coming Saturday. I’m looking forward to meeting everyone! Don’t forget to bring cash and wine :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you again to Eli and Evie for setting this up. I might start fasting tonight :wink:

4 Likes

We’re in, I’ve got 30 coming in from Houston on our chartered DC3, last time the rubber bands broke but we’ve doubled up on them.

Not to denigrate the venerable aircraft still going strong but we’re going cheap with a very used one.

2 Likes

You’re welcome cj. I’m just glad that I can finally get to participate in a HOdown with the Central Jersey crew. Us Northerners don’t get down south too often (except for Drew’s) :wink: I have been burning extra calories on the treadmill this week in preparation for this big meal :grinning:

By the way, the reservation is under Eli in case anybody gets there before me. Anyway it will be the only reservation at 4PM :grin:

2 Likes

So I was sitting in Drew’s parking lot wondering where everybody was when I realized the HODown was called for 4 PM :grin:

4 Likes

You should keep your car parked there. It’s hard to find parking in that small lot :grinning:

1 Like

I’m currently eating my normal breakfast… studies have shown that if you starve yourself before a huge meal that you fill up FASTER (I’m looking at you, @corvette_johnny)

3 Likes