HOdown at Drew’s in Keyport Jan. 26th 4pm

I’m starting a separate thread for this so everyone is sure to see it… over on the Drew’s Bayshore Bistro thread, @paryzer and I and a few others have been talking about a January HOdown at Drew’s. @paryzer was there last night and reports the following:

Since it was a busy Saturday night, I was only able to talk to Drew for a couple of minutes regarding a possible future HOdown. I gave him a tentative date of Saturday January 26th. He will call me after the New Year so we can further discuss and plan menus. I will send out more details after I talk to him in a couple of weeks. So anybody that is interested, please save the date. @CurlzNJ graciously agreed to take names and tally the total number of people that are interested. It would be nice to have an idea of how many people can actually commit to that date so I can have a number to give to Drew and work out the menu. Since Drew’s is a fairly small restaurant, the most he can probably accommodate on a busy Saturday night is about 10 to 12 people. However, he is open to an earlier seating prior to the big Saturday night dinner rush (maybe 3 or 4PM). He might have to impose a time limit, since Saturday’s are busy. I would think we might need up to 3 hours to not feel rushed (since many of us will be meeting for the 1st time). Unfortunately Drew is not open on Sundays during the winter months.

To recap:

1. We have a TENTATIVE date for Saturday, Jan. 26th (no playoff games–the Pro Bowl is the next day, and SuperBowl a week later).

2. We need to find out QUICKLY who is definitely interested and available so we can lock down the timing with Drew after New Year’s, so please respond here if you’re definitely in. We don’t have pricing at this point, as we’ll likely work on a menu with him.

3. Once we know who’s in, we’ll be able to lock down the timing (3-4pm vs. dinner at a less @seal - like time) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If you wish to attend, please respond on this thread, NOT ON THE OTHER ONE before 12/31.

Thanks, HOs! And a happy/merry to those who are celebrating Christmas.

1 Like

RSVP list thus far:
@paryzer (2)
@CurlzNJ (1)

Looks like you get both of us for a change - in for 2.

1 Like

RSVP list thus far:
@paryzer (2)
@CurlzNJ (1)
@seal (2)

Please pencil me in for myself and my wife. She’s ever so much nicer and more interesting than I am - assuming she is still available on the date, you’ll enjoy her.

1 Like

I have always wanted to go to Drew’s. Count me in please. Just 1. Alan is on call and needs to stay close to home.

1 Like

Please count me in for 2.

1 Like

Count us in for 2. Prefer dinner time to afternoon if workable.

1 Like

RSVP list thus far:
@paryzer (2)
@CurlzNJ (1)
@seal (2)
Happy Wizard (2)
MsBean (1)
FoodSnob (2)
BossaNova (2)

I don’t think this date will work for us. Have a great time!

1 Like

RSVP list thus far:
@paryzer (2)
@CurlzNJ (1)
@seal (2)
@The_Happy_Wizard (2)
@MsBean (1)
@FoodSnob (2)
@BossaNova (2)
@corvette_johnny (1)

Folks, as of right now, we’re at 13, and Drew has been in touch with @paryzer to say he doesn’t think he can accommodate more than that, but it’s still TBD.

If you’ve been debating about RSVPing and are still interested in attending on 1/26, I’d ask that you reply on this thread anyway, since there’s a chance we could gain a few more seats. I’ll keep a virtual waiting list going until we confirm everything with Drew and I’ll keep you posted once we have definitive info.
Curlz

Did you forget about Jr?

He didn’t RSVP…

Yeah thanks CJ, that’ date/time wasn’t good for us. We have plans that afternoon and probably wouldn’t be in the area that early so I didn’t bother wasting a spot for a “tentative” RSVP.

1 Like

Bumping this up to remind those of you who are wavering to speak up if you’re interested in being on the waiting list for 1/26… the overflow (or lack thereof) matters in this case! Thanks.

I talked to Drew today & it looks like we are all set for Saturday January 26th at 4PM for 13 people. We have around 3 1/2 hours, which should be plenty of time. He has to turn the tables around at 7:30 or 8. He is going to do a 5 course tasting menu for $50 PLUS tax AND tip, which is a great deal. It should come out to just under $65 a person with 20% tip and tax. Below is the menu we worked out. I tried to get some of his greatest hits. He is also doing a twist on his jambalaya with pulled pork. It will be a little less spicier than the regular jambalaya since it won’t have the habanero peppers. He did it for his family over the holidays and it was a big hit. We also have his signature dish of voodoo shrimp, that he beat Bobby Flay with, and the awesome Nashville hot chicken, as well as his incredible SPCCT dessert. @CurlzNJ will come around again and confirm who is coming, cancelling, or wants to be added to the waitlist. I’m really looking forward to meeting everyone! Don’t forget to BYO!

6 Likes

Wow, nice menu! Thanks for putting this together Eli and Curlz. I think this will be a great night with some epic food. Can Drew hook me up with a few pickles slices? :smile:

3 Likes

What are the rest of us? Chopped liver?

Please pass the pickle slices!

1 Like

I’ll share Jeff! Lol. He makes some amazing pickles.

2 Likes

First of all, many thanks to @paryzer and @corvette_johnny for all of their consultations and efforts in bringing it together. A true team effort!

So YAY! We are set for Saturday, Jan. 26th at 4pm at Drew’s. Cost is $65pp, and it’s a BYO restaurant. As with most of our HOdowns, I suggest bringing cash simply to make it easier on the restaurant and so the tips get in the hands of the wait staff as soon as we hand it off. I’ll remind you all of that as we get closer. :blush:

The RSVP list:
@paryzer (2)
@CurlzNJ (1)
@seal (2)
@The_Happy_Wizard (2)
@MsBean (1)
@FoodSnob (2)
@BossaNova (2)
@corvette_johnny (1)

@NotJrvedivici when you have a chance, can you please change the title of the thread to HOdown at Drew’s in Keyport Jan. 26th 4pm ?? Thank you!

3 Likes