HO Dinners for February and March.

I thought we were talking about the Zaab Zaab in Queens, which is a minute away from Hug Esan.

(I’d happily go to Thai Diner or Fish Cheeks, but I don’t know what the group rez situation is like at those, regular rezzies are still a pain at TD anyway.)

Can folks who are interested in a Thai meal end Jan / early Feb who haven’t already please speak up, and we can move actual scheduling off to a group chat.

1 Like

208 Grand St., Williamsburg. Unless that’s a phantom location.

I saw that, but this is what was driving the original (old) discussion:

Huh. Well, whatever. I would prefer closer than further during cold weather. What are your available dates?

I would love Thai, especially Essan, on the 11th.

The 11th is fine for me.

I can’t commit to both the 11th and the 12th at the moment, so if there’s a quorum for Thai on the 11th, I’ll figure out which one I join.

If there isn’t, I’d be up for Thai with the NY folks end of Jan or first week of Feb (Hug could stay on the list for March).

Should we try for a hot pot dinner late January/early February?

willing to lock in the Feb 11 date for whatever the group decides. Good thai especially isaan sounds great.

Id also be willing to host a bring-something type of dinner event if the group would enjoy that. Peckin Chicken is on my corner, and Sofreh is a few doors away as a couple of possible food sources for a get together.

I am down when whenever. My $0.02 is that we go to the original Zaab Zaab, which is in Queens. The one in Williamsburg is the second location. The original is along Woodside, so other places to possibly pop into while there.

i didnt realize we were talking about consecutive days, we can xing but out for thai. that should clear the way for y’all to up the overall spice level!

we’d enjoy hot pot if there’s a dry option otherwise we’ll have to pass as the wet version has an unfortunate effect on my digestive system.

we’re still up for noodletown but maybe we should wait for soft shell crab season. i wonder if an ayce korean bbq might work for us? there’s a stretch of interesting korean restaurants in flushing maybe on northern ave. we typically stop on the way back from the airport.

best,

PS Ive looked at the press on Zaab Zaab. Am willing to go to the Williamsburg location in lieu of Elmhurst if this would get a thai dinner plan for the 11th off the ground (tho I would generally prefer to go to Thai ground zero over trustafarianland). Grand Street looks like a more seafood heavy menu too

I’ve eaten four or five times at the original Zaab Zaab but not yet at the newer, Brooklyn, location – which, yes, offers a greater variety of seafood. For dinner on February 11, Zaab Zaab Talay, as it’s called, sounds good to me.

If that’s where we end up, perhaps we can consider an early-ish dinner (on weekends, Zaab Zaab Talay is open from noon till 11:00), since many of us have our sights on lunch in Flushing the next day.

That sounds good!

yes, an early dinner sounds good!

Early thai on sat 2/11, xing ming on sunday works for me. This has less moving parts than trying for Lazar Wolf on a Sat. We will be in queens so we could do either location of zaab zaab.

I can’t do early dinner on the 11th, have an event that ends around 6:45 at Columbus circle. Earliest for me would be 7:30, but feel free to go ahead if everyone else is good earlier.

(Also the 7 train is suspended Feb weekends as I posted on the Ming Xing thread.)

1 Like

I posted in the xing thread, F->74th st->7 should work.

1 Like

Thank you!

Re Thai — if neither of us makes it to dinner on the 11th, I’m up for a less mouth burning visit another day :smiley:

would love to!