HO Dinners for February and March.

If you are asking Yahweh to get us a table where we can hear each other at a hipster spot in Brooklyn, you can have Middle East peace Saturday, 8pm, in the quiet.

1 Like

We are in. I think I am going to post Xing Ming separately.

1 Like

Unsure about Laser Wolf, if a reservation is indeed possible, but Ming Xing sounds good for Super Bowl Sunday brunch/lunch. I’ll watch for that post.

if there are two seperate dinners, I’d prefer to wing ming xing with some potential for pre-xing dumplings. There’s no doubt my wife would prefer laser wolf but luckily she’s not an HO member :grinning:

1 Like

I’m up for that as well!

I’ll call Laser Wolf closer to the day, especially if we have a nice large party.

I would be down with Laser Wolf. Honestly, I am game for any of it.

I like the idea of Ming Xing with some pre (and post) gaming of dumplings and other neighborhood delights (nicely done there @vinouspleasure)

Also up for Laser Wolf (though I’m skeptical about doability).

(Maybe we should eat some Thai while @SteveR is away.)

Maybe https://www.waylanyc.com/?
Or https://zaabzaabnyc.com/#culture-media-general?

I love Wayla, but it’s closer to Lum Lum than Sripaphai.

Zaab Zaab sounds good, or similar (Hug Esam or others mentioned)…

Also we should do hot pot one of these days, winter seems appropriate.

And a Bangladeshi jaunt in Jackson heights (centered somewhere like Haat bazaar). Could combine with Tibetan but maybe that’s a different trip.

Got it. I like Thai Diner also, and would be game to try Fish Cheeks (although I think I may have been there?).

Yaaaassss. I’m not sure how many take reservations - this one does:

Yes and Yes

Re hot pot — we can do some research, or maybe @DaveCook or others have some ideas / experience.

Re spice for all these — I’m not envisioning an on-fire meal, rather a range and variety, so as not to scare folks off!

I like 99 Favor Taste, but it’d probably be a wait. And I remember Little Sheep very fondly, but it seems to be gone! As is the one I went to on the Bowery, the name of which escapes me. Might be this:

1 Like

We are lovers of Hot Pot although noise is an issue.

I’d love to go to Hug Esan but I’d want to get a few very hot dishes in the mix. That is the point of Esan food.

Indian food sounds nice too.

Re: hot pot, I’ll have to piggyback on someone else’s ideas / experience.

Yes and yes for me, too.

Maybe we should eat some Thai while @SteveR is away.)

great idea! I’d love to go to zabb zabb, or hug. We’ve been to thai diner and fish cheeks, not sure what the fuss is about for thai diner but would be willing to head back. would also love regional indian food!

best,

Should we get some dates together for Thai? I’d give the edge to Zaab Zaab, Thai Diner & Fish Cheeks over Hug, because Hug is pretty far from me.

ThFSSu nights in February are so far all good! With the exception of 2/5, 'cause I’m already having dim sum that day, and let’s not go crazy.

1 Like

I would love to go for Thai or bangladeshi, or both! would like to get a date nailed down for upcoming meals since I am planning a trip to Ohio in Feb and another to Italy in latter half of March. So far am signed up for Laser Wolf if it happens.