Hello sweet potatoes?

4 Likes

Roasted sweet potatoes with cumin and smoked paprika. Garnish with lime juice after roasting.

1 Like

They’re great in this chili. They sort of fall apart and give it some body.

Paraphrased because of stupid new paywall:
4 b/s chicken breasts (maybe 1.5 lbs?)
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced (about 2lbs)
2 C salsa verde (jarred)
1 C chicken broth
2 tsp each cumin and salt
1 tsp pepper
Cook in InstantPot for 7 min on High and then do a quick release. (Original recipe was for slow cooker, obviously longer and with more broth.)
Remove chicken, shred, return to pot.
Add 2 cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed (about 3-4 cups?)
Top with whatever sounds good: shredded cheddar, diced onion or scallions, cilantro, avocado…

2 Likes

For Thanksgiving, I did cardamon and orange sweet potatoes.

2 Likes

This is a delectable way to cook sweet potatoes in a chipotle cream https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/smoked-chile-scalloped-sweet-potatoes-recipe-1945789

2 Likes

My favorite: roasted, glazed with honey and red pepper flakes. Served with a drizzle of yogurt and lime.

1 Like

Are those purple sweet potato pancakes? Tell me more!

I’m thinking in this case I could use garnet or orange sweet potatoes or actual yams . Sounds good!

Hi shrinkrap, yes I just put a few leftover roasted purple sweet potatoes with the skins removed (from the Japanese market) into the blender with the milk and eggs and then mixed that in with the dry pancake ingredients. Less flour needed. No recipe. Give it a try!

2 Likes

Looks good! Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

I make a lot of meatballs on their own and a lot of rather plain roasted or baked sweet potatoes on their own, and it looks like my phone has been listening. :rofl: This recipe popped up on my FB feed.

I have almost the same Photo!

1 Like