Hello sweet potatoes?

Marshmallows do well in cocoa, smores, and rice krispie treats. And pretty much no where else.

3 Likes

And on sticks when camping.

1 Like

That’s half a smore!

2 Likes

Sliced carrots, parsnips, and sweet potatoes in some butter and apple cider (or orange juice) in a covered skillet, so they first steam, then get coated in juicy syrup after evaporation. You can bloom curry powder in the melted butter before adding everything else, if you like.

4 Likes

Sweet potato pie. Haven’t made that in ages.

4 Likes
2 Likes

I just pureed two lbs worth for a pie. I actually like it more than pumpkin pie. Still deciding whether I want one pie or minis.

4 Likes

Me too.

Went pretty well.

12 Likes

This recipe called for a 55 bake at 350 and the crust was not parbaked. It actually took 90 minutes and I was concerned about over baking. But, after it came to room temp and chilled overnight the filling is very creamy after all. Such a big difference in time. Anyone else run into this with sweet potato filling?

3 Likes

Haven’t made this

1 Like

Ottolenghi sweet potato shakshouka, not sure about this https://www.google.ca/amp/s/nationalpost.com/life/food/cook-this-sweet-potato-shakshuka-from-the-ottolenghi-test-kitchens-shelf-love/wcm/3300aab6-924d-4aac-9589-5fe5cdb79226/amp/

Had trouble with your link. This sounds delicious.

1 Like

I think it sounds great too but then I adore sweet potatoes with some heat. I love idea of frying up the roasted skin as I am a big fan of sweet potato skin. The only thing that seems off to me is the cheddar cheese. I’d probably omit cheese altogether.

1 Like

I was thinking sharp crumbled feta or bleu cheese.

1 Like

Feta would be my choice if I were to add cheese. It sounds like the shakshuka could be a good way to use up Thanksgiving leftovers.

Just bake them like an Irish potato. When cool enough to handle, or with mitts, slit them open, dollop with a generous splat of butter, sour cream if you’re of that mind, salt, fresh pepper and ENJOY! Little kids and grown ups who thought they didn’t like sweet potatoes quickly change their minds.

3 Likes

This Ottolenghi recipe is really good - the only work is making the lime and herb relish.

I riff on this a lot - whatever herbs are at hand, preserved lemons instead of zest and juice, sometimes I skip all that and just use a dollop of zhoug or harissa with some tangy yogurt

3 Likes

Anybody try wedges roasted in the air fryer? Do they need to be "served immediately " to avoid sogginess?

These are cubes in an air fryer

This one is for a regular oven, with oil. Roasted at 450, then broiled.

This one in the oven, soaked, and then cornstarch, then oil. Also an air fryer version

Air fryer version; soaking but no cornstarch

Wedges, oil, airfryer instructions at the end

PXL_20220304_030510700

I wouldn’t call them crispy, but not soggy either.

3 Likes