Healthy Kitchens, Healthy Lives

I am attending Healthy Kitchens,Healthy Lives", " An Annual Gathering of Physicians, Registered Dietitian Nutritionists, Nurses, and Other Healthcare Professionals; Hospital, Insurance, and Other Healthcare Executives; and Foodservice Directors and Chefs.

This is a video from two years ago. I will try to add some updates. This one is at Copia in Napa.

5 Likes

Suvir ! Just saw him on a re-run of TC Masters!

2 Likes

Interesting… barely see him anymore… enjoyed his nyc place (Devi) way back when.

1 Like

This lady is a Chef who is also physician, who specializes in pediatric obesity.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Here are cooking.

Here’s some of what we made.

2 Likes

So cool! What were the dishes you made? Hard to tell from the photo ;))

Hard to tell from tasting it too!

JK

My station was a “plant forward” menu. I started out at papaya salad, but ultimately made the Ceasar. Too many folks and bossy pants at papaya station. :neutral_face:

There was also an under $20.00 station, and maybe Mediterranean diet.

The recipes we got were for
Relatively simple whole wheat bread dough
Hummus bi tahini
Babaganoush
Falafel
Green papaya salad with shrimp Nuoc Cham vinaigrette and peanuts
Thai chicken salad
salad rolls with fried tofu, green beans, almonds, basil, and chili lime dipping sauce
Tinga Verde de pollo con calabacitas
Chipotle beef and mushroom sliders with avocado mango salsa
Joyce’s white bean Caesar salad (salad dressing included pureed white beans, replacing some oil, I think.)

My favorite was the papaya salad, probably because of the dressing.

Tommorow is “Healthy Flavors of Asia”, and “The Teaching Kitchen Collaborative”.

3 Likes

The facility looks like a dream to use for a cooking class! Have fun - the conference schedule looks quite interesting.

CIA bought what used to be Copia several years ago, and have been turning into a teaching venue. This is the first time it was used for this course which used to be held at Greystone. There were a few hiccups with chefs getting the hang of the induction burners in the demonstration classes.

Haha, literally “too many cooks in the kitchen”! I love a good papaya salad myself, although not so easy to find a good vegetarian version which makes me appreciate it more.

1 Like

(one of my favorite words, it makes me giggle saying it)

Do you mind me asking which of the above group you belong to? Just curious but if you are not comfortable sharing I understand completely.

Every time I read something like this I have to re-read it like 3x’s to figure out what law enforcement would be involved in something like this. lol

Physician

Dr! Interesting concept for health care professionals. Honestly giving it some thought it makes a lot of sense I think dietary issues need to start becoming part of our overall health care system. Thanks for sharing.