Happy birthday to me

Thank you, Kaleo. None of our knives go in the dishwasher. We hide the good ones when someone comes to stay with our dogs, and also hide some of our cookware as well. We have acquired some nice Japanese Shun knives this past year - but the one that Nick Rossi made is the most special one I have! It fits my hand perfectly and is nicely balanced. I’m looking forward to using and babying it!!

4 Likes

Happy birthday! :gift:

1 Like

Very nice looking knife. I hope you enjoy using it.

1 Like

Probably a good advice in general, even for nice dishes, nice pots and pans.

1 Like

A very happy milestone birthday to you! Love the knife, and backstory, but I’m truly amazed it’s foldable, if I’m thinking of the term correctly. I hope you enjoy your birthday the rest of the month at least, and wish you many healthy, happy birthdays to come. (My dad is going strong at 96!) :birthday::cake::clinking_glasses::champagne:

Happy birthday to you too! :cupcake:

1 Like

No, it’s not foldable. It’s made from folded stainless steel. I know nothing about the process…My dear mother turned 90 in February and is has vacillated about giving herself a birthday party! She’s reserved the hall in her church with a nice kitchen on April 30th. She’s changed her mind so many times, I cannot be there for it, but am helping her with details and money. I bought her a rhinestone tiara that has “90” on it, as well as a sash that says “90 and fabulous”.

4 Likes

Thanks for the clarification, it was boggling my little mind, and I was thinking why?? I get it now!
Hope your mom enjoys her birthday party, and happy you are able to help her.

A fuuny, personal story to share with you. My mother is only 20 years older than me. She lives in Columbus, OH and I live in Massachusetts. On her 65th birthday, I called her at 0500 to be sure I was the first of her children to wish her a Happy Birthday. Her employer was giving her a retirement party, and I was in contact with the office manager. My husband drove me to Logan Airport, I flew into Columbus, got a car and went to a costume rental store where I had reserved a gorilla costume. I put it on - everything but the head - and drove to the restaurant where her party was taking place. I had to walk into the restaurant with the gorilla head under my arm so I would’t tip down the stairs but I made it to her table as an intact Gorilla Gram - I had a sound box and I danced the Macarena for her. It was a “heady” experience! I love her so much…

6 Likes

Awww, that’s a great story!! I have an extremely strong bond with my dear dad, and I have to say he’s truly one of the most amazing people I’ve ever met! He wants to live as long as possible, and I try to help him do it! :heart:

1 Like