Grill 36...coming to a restaurant graveyard near you! (Belford NJ)

Did you happen to catch my post above about your cousin, the emperor? :smiley: Not sure if you read it or not!

1 Like

Haha! Yeah I think I forgot to reply. I can get easily distracted lol. He is quite the character!

I turned him onto the greek spot and he is a fan. He got a beast of a gyro platter and was really enjoying it.

Ps, I forget if I posted anything but their chicken kabob dish was pretty decent. It had nicely charred, yet juicy, thigh meat chunks. It wasn’t mind blowing, but for a meal under ten bucks I thought it was decent. I think it’s like 8.50 for that dish. I think I might start a “cheap” eats thread. What do you think? Dishes under 10. I love food but can’t afford to blow tons of money a night like I did when I was married and had two incomes.

2 Likes

Was just talking to him the other day. Telling him to get you on Facebook!

Looks like another one hit wonder. This thread seems to be attracting them.

So…anyone other than a bot or stooge try this place yet?

Is @corvette_johnny a bot or a stooge? Inquiring minds need to know!

1 Like

Lol. With the Greek spot now open, I would just go there personally.

Is Nikkos closed for good?

1 Like

No! I totally forgot he tried it! :no_mouth:

My bad @corvette_johnny!

I’m pretty sure Nikko’s is closed now. Someone was moving into the spot but for the life of me I can’t remember who.

Windmill is in the Niko’s Trapezi spot.

1 Like

So I decided to stop by for something close and ended up with BBQ chicken kebab and lamb/chicken platter. This isn’t a bad meal for 8 dollars. Look at Google reviews and you will see one of our good friends :smile: I miss him.

6 Likes

Nice find. Def miss that dude!

I’m surprised he’s still among the living, what with all the gastrointestinal distress he runs into.

1 Like

I was going to ask if he was the one who experienced diarrhea at every restaurant he went to, but that answered my question.

1 Like

Finally a place that might actually stay around… This one was a Fish Place, then a Frozen Seafood Place, then Cuccina Mama’s, then some other Mediterranean place and now finally Grill 36.

At first is seems to be Greek, but as you taste the food and speak to the owners it has much more of an Egyptian influence. Indeed, I ordered the grape leaves and they were served warm unlike the more traditional Greek cold presentation

That said, the food is very good. Very simple, nothing flashy, but deeply flavorful and nice sized portions for a very reasonable price. I go there quite a bit since it is quite tasty and cost effective

Personal recommendation – the BBQ chicken and Steak skewer combo over rice with a small salad and two dynamite dipping sauces.

1 Like

Check this out…

Came back for the food… And the pictures

Great simple food at a good price… Can’t beat that

6 Likes

Funny response, sad restaurant.

It was so bad I wouldn’t step in the door. Hopefully Grill 36 will break the ‘curse’ as I do really enjoy it.

Hopefully the mods will combine this with the original thread.

Sean is a super cool guy and wish him the best.

1 Like