Grand Tavern OMG. Neptune City

If you’re referring to the nashville chicken, I just tried it and I’m in love. What a dish! I’ve never had the tavern chicken so I can’t compare, but this dish is some of the best chicken I can remember.

2 Likes

Nashville chicken ; )

2 Likes

The dark thighs are so much more flavorful than the white breast meat Drew used to use.

1 Like

New menu in place.

I have been four times and gotten the pork terrine threw of my visits.
Smoked pulled pork, served over kidney beans with pickled red onions and some sort of cilantro micro greens on top.
Being from New Orleans, a bite that consisted of each component tasted like the best bowl of red beans and rice without the rice.
My friend had it tonight, also from New Orleans sand said the same thing.
The red bean brand of choice in New Orleans is Camelia, I may just have some shipped up for them to use since the beans are a little too firm compared to what I like in red beans

3 Likes

Question: For those of you who have been to The Grand Tavern, would you consider this an “up-scale” place?

(FYI I"m not questioning the quality of the food, that is top notch, but would you define The Grand Tavern as an overall “Up-scale” restaurant?) Just curious to see what our definitions of “up-scale” would be.

Nope, the staff is not dressed upscale, I don’t have to get dressed up, and I have no issues with that.

Food is great, so food could be considered upscale.

If I had to label a restaurant in or near AP upscale, it would be Pascale and Sabine

4 Likes

Just my 2 cents.

I lost all discrimination for what is or isn’t fine dining the first time I saw a guy in Guy Savoy in Vegas wearing shorts and flip flops.

Agreed - one doesn’t need to be ‘dressed up’ to go to Grand Tavern, which is fine w me. Is the menu upscale? Yes–that’s a different level from some of my other local favorites, for sure.

Guy Savoy in Paris is my definition of fine dining. Guy Savoy in Vegas has the same quality of food and service but has to cater to the high rollers that Caeser’s need to take care of.

1 Like

Haven’t been to Pascal and Sabines in 3-4 years but from what I remember I agree with your assessment wholeheartedly Roro1831. I consider Grand Tavern a Tavern with really really good food. I personally enjoy the atmosphere and experience of Grand Tavern over P&S.

1 Like

@seal Shorts and flip flops? We’ve seen someone wearing them at EMP (which has never had a dress code despite being — without a question — very upscale).

Restaurant Revolution in New Orleans is very upscale but at times you see tourists in there in shorts and flip flops, but it’s jazz fest time so what are you going to do, money is money

2 Likes

Has anyone been lately? Curious on if they are sti putting out top notch stuff here?

I have not been in a while but do follow them on Instagram. The food still looks good - many times I’ve said I need to try that. We just have not been eating out all that often of late. They did recently post that they will be closed 10/24-10/31, and will reopen on 11/1.

2 Likes

Ditto. I haven’t been but I’ve seen “friends” online that have been and still rave about it.

2 Likes

Friends have been in the last month and they’re still raving about it!

1 Like

If visiting Grand Tavern or if nearby, may be worthwhile to drop in on their neighbor Dachshund Distilling - a business opened early in the Pandemic. It’s a tiny distillery serving only rum based drinks, think classic cocktails but served with rum. The owners, Sue and Tim, are super friendly and welcoming. I particularly enjoyed their take on a caipirinha. And while in the area, also drop in at Bradley Brew Project and Little Dog Brewing, both minutes away.

5 Likes

They are currently closed until the 31st, bit of a fall break.
We haven’t been since July I think so we are due to for a visit soon. Some friends are coming for a visit and they always like to go there

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for feedback. Do they usually feature specials on addition to regular menu?

They occasionally have a special but most nights it’s just the regular menu

1 Like