Finally Suspended!!

You didn’t do anything. We all have little yellow link icons. It is a July 4th gift.

1 Like

Have they always been yellow … my brain is mush this week - like oatmeal it feels.

I think (1) these link irons were not yellow before or (2) there were never a “link” icon. I don’t know which one. I do agree with you that there were never a yellow link icon until maybe a few days ago. Yellow is my favor color – I would know. :slight_smile:

CK,
You see I try to be the voice of reason and a smack-wad like you have to voice their opinion as to why I’m wrong!?!?!?! What the hell is your problem CK? (joke)

So if you notice I specifically said;

CK…with regard to the example(s) you used,

Those topics would be on a board vastly different to this one. So for your example is valid peoples opinions about those things are very valid but they are based in “facts” rather than this site is 100% based on personal opinion. My personal taste in food, service, restaurants etc. etc. is uniquely my own, as are yours. We aren’t really debating facts here, we are sharing opinions…so if you disagree with mine or visa versa I don’t see how in the world either one of us could be or should be upset. Just my opinion.

My apologies to you if you took that as a rant! Trust me my friend, that was anything but a rant, I could care less about what the person has to say, however I was concerned about that type of behavior with other potentially skin thinned people, so I did report the behavior. I’m just using an example of what I deemed to be a emotionally unstable person, that wasn’t a rant.

If you don’t like what I have to say then :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: nana-nana poo poo, you smell like doo-doo. Don’t mess with me man, shit can get real quick when you mess with me.

1 Like

do you know this person was mentally ill? because throwing around diagnoses such as bi-polar isn’t cool, jr. I’m a mental health worker and occasional sufferer as well, this is a pet peeve and it sounds pretty ignorant. Just sayin’.

:slight_smile: I disagree. For example, I think many people really get emotional about political issues, and many of them are not facts based. Ok, global warming is a heavily fact based issue, but drawing Muhammad? Maybe I am into cookware, so many of the ugly debates I have seen on Chowhound and on HungryOnion are kind of fact based too – like “Is induction cooking really energy efficient?” “Does Pyrex glass really explode?” “Is cast iron a good heat conductor for cooking?” “Is 2.5 mm copper much better heat distribution than 1.5 mm?” “Is plastic bag better than paper bag?” “Can you form fond on a nonstick roasting pan?” ← remember that fond debate just a few days ago?

I’m sorry for your issues C70, mind you I’m not making fun of someone…I’m telling a truthful opinion of my observation(s) of this person. I do not know for sure, but the behavior I was explaining where someone will “Like” and compliment you to your face, while “F” bombing you privately, is to me the very definition of bi-polar personality. Again, that is my opinion of their behaviors, I thought that was actually a better way to explain it than the other options of alcoholic or dug users, which are also considerations in describing this persons behavior. Perhaps I should have specified; “I’ve actually had one participant exhibited bi-polar behavior(s)” would that have been more acceptable? My apologies to you again, I wasn’t trying to be derogatory in any way, unless you know the person I"m referring to, then I certainly owe you an apology for comparing you or anyone to them.

CK, thank you for proving me theory, I respect your opinion which differs from mine. Plenty of room around here for both of us to have differing views.

1 Like

They clicked the “knife and fork” icon in hoping to stab you, not to like you.

6 Likes

Despite knowing that it’s an anonymous medium (so people feel more freedom to be a…holes) it’s often difficult not to react (probably for that very same reason). I’ve gotten into a few spots here where someone appears to be gnawing on a bone of contention just for the sake/fun of it, and it can get annoying. I suppose it’s just because I prefer to be in neutral (or at least accepted) than forced on defense. Then I realize I don’t really have to be ANYWHERE! It’s the internet, not my living room. I can just walk away whenever I want.

That’s just mean CK. (I clicked it too now to stab you back, you big mean jerk!!):knife:

1 Like

:laughing: you’re hopeless. Don’t use big words you don’t understand.

1 Like

I think that is one of the definitions of “spouse-like”. You should know. You are married.

2 Likes

((I’m afraid to reply any further)) :laughing: Truly am sorry if I offended you in anyway.

Regards,

2 Likes

Apparently they demand a monogamous food talk marriage :astonished:

3 Likes

Hey Now!! Leave my wife out of this!!! :dagger:

Ha ha ha. That is the funniest (intelligently funny) thing I have heard for weeks.

1 Like

it’s all good, I see it all the time- people like to throw out “crazy” in different forms when they have no idea that it’s so much more than having a bad moment/day. we’re good.

2 Likes

Where did your icon go?

Thank you very much! This also just demonstrated that even when someone is offended, with reasonable discourse people can find common ground to simply agree to disagree. (or agree to agree, which ever we just did)

3 Likes

As I pointed out on another thread, NotJr is not to be trusted :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And just like the ocean tide, the boards can turn on a guy.

2 Likes