Fennel: Recipe Ideas ?

Recently did a moderately thin slice of the bulb then tossed with evoo and salt, tossed on parchment lined sheet pan and roasted in the oven until a good amount of browning occurred. Got some good concentration of flavor. Worked well with roasted salmon filets

My only mistake was not roasting the fish on the fennel fronds

4 Likes

Reading through this thread again - just bought two bulbs!

As an aside, I’m weirdly sensitive to cucumber, and have found that if I add raw fennel to something and eat it as a leftover a day or two later, it tastes like cucumber :worried:

1 Like

Carmelized, " agrodolce", with pine nuts and raisins. I will try to find the recipe I started with.

1 Like

That sounds delicious. I love that sweet /sour combo almost as much as sweet/hot.

1 Like

The recipe is called Sauteed Fennel, with raisins, pine nuts and garlic from here.

1 Like

Thanks! I’m definitely going to have to try that.

1 Like

My pleasure! I just noticed the this recipe doesn’t have any vinegar, so I’m not sure where I got that part.

1 Like

Fennel and apple salad.

Some of the fronds, some celery, green onion, fennel seed, lemon juice, a bit of salt and sugar, apple cider vinegar. Wondering about preserved lemon.

1 Like

looking forward to trying this recipe for this fennel-leek soup i just saw on salon.

1 Like

The fennel recipe here, looks pretty delicious.

1 Like

I just did a few too many fennel bulbs sous vide, and think I might try this.

Hope you enjoy it if you do. Please report back.