Favorite Long Branch spots [NJ]

Sabor is the one up the block from Jacks right? If so I went a few times and enjoyed it.

1 Like

Had wanted to try for a while and tonight was the night. Long Branch BBQ. Not sure why it had taken me so long to try them. Always used to order from RT 22 BBQ in Union and this was similar. Large tins of fries, rice and beans with rotisserie grilled meats. 1/2 order pork ribs and a pork belly/beef rib combo… Good grill flavor and decent value.

8 Likes

Wow! Reminds me of when I used to go to Port Chop.

If I may ask, how much was all that food?

Little over 30 bucks with a salad. Think the best items are the pork ribs and chicken. Going to try the picadinho and garlic shrimp next time

2 Likes

Handcut fries?

I believe so, but fries are always soggy after spending time in the to go box. A quick swim in the Fry Daddy brings 'em back to life.

1 Like

One of the big treats when the restaurants re-opened was French fries, because there was no point in getting them to go.

2 Likes

My current favorite: Nicholas pom frite, well done, no garlic. Almost perfect. But only almost. The Galley does ‘real’ but they are a bit too small to approach perfect.

I haven’t had “perfect” in so long I can’t remember.

1 Like

My new favorite are the double fried hand cut fries at James on Main in Hackettstown. They come with a garlic aioli and are crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside.

7 Likes

Those look very similar to what I can coax out of Nicholas. Yum!

1 Like

There must be others like me but I like soggy fries.

1 Like

Oh hell yes that looks awesome.

My bff and I have been getting fries with no salt (fresh cooked) at Mcdonalds/BK/Wendy’s. We bring our own truffle salt. Perfect every time!

3 Likes

Lately we have been bringing our own Sriracha powder to put on fries and other things. It gives them a nice little kick.

1 Like

We bring real butter for breakfast foods like grits, pancakes, and biscuits plus Waffle House. It beats the spread they serve.

Yes I live in Texas.

3 Likes

I carry picnic-sized salt & pepper grinders with me. Fleur de Sel in one and long pepper in the other. Life’s too short …

3 Likes

This makes me miss @corvette_johnny and his candle butter melting story for the Chinese Buffett.

I think by now we’ve makes you an honorary NJer.

5 Likes

I appreciate that. My only New Jersey “experience” is a few flights in and out of Newark on the way to NYC.

Does this make me a part of the bridge and tunnel crowd?

2 Likes

Whatever happened to Corvette Johnny?

5 Likes

I like to think he drove his Vette with his lady friend to the DR and is enjoying his very own catch of the day with freshly Melted butter al fresco on the reg. Prob somewhere so remote to be near the best fishing spot so he can’t log on to HO anymore

8 Likes

And then vikingjak stops by to say hi

1 Like