Favorite Long Branch spots [NJ]

I just wanted to know so I can avoid it… I am on a diet… :grin:

1 Like

That would be Grand Marketa. I do need to try those again, just to make sure.
The Warmer, the Verde, The Rayas.

5 Likes

There is a new spot on Morris Avenue right near the school.

It is casa de carne. It seems like most of the writing outside is in Portuguese but some is in Spanish. Any Intel?

1 Like

Takeout from La Valentina tonight. Meat Molcajete great as always and came with 4 nice shrimp. Fried tilapia for GF, and we shared the garlic shrimp which was really, really good. Fresh pieces of garlic and sweet shrimp with perfect texture not soaked in oil. Delicious. I could have eaten three orders of this. Have I mentioned the shrimp? So good!

10 Likes

Lotta food in that dish! Big fan of it

1 Like

How was the order/pickup experience from La Valentina? I’m needing some enchaladas mole.

Parked in back, put on my mask and ventured in. There is someone at a stand when you walk in, he directed me to a counter a little further in. You could probably bypass that guy and just go to the inner cash register area. Order was ready when stated. Ample corn tortillas and red salsa.
I am not one to notice the little details when picking up. Did not remember anything offensive covid-wise.

1 Like

Missed this. Out doing a little celebrating at Sirena. Been a while.

9 Likes

Managed to sneak in a photo. Branzino, pasta Pomodoro. Enjoyed the excellent fritto misto and a kale salad app as well.

7 Likes

Yeah fritto misto! What do they give you?

2 Likes

Calamari, Zucchini, Fennel, Caper Berries, Jalapeno. A few Rock Shrimp and some fried Parsley would have capped it for me.

2 Likes

Hit up Port Chop recently. Good Pork and Beef Ribs as noted above, and delicious Shrimp. Most Latin places that list Paella should really call it Seafood with Rice.

12 Likes

Oh man, this reminds me of when there used to be another rodizio place in the same lot as them. Sad that they couldn’t make it. I wonder if/when Sabor will open their buffet, it’s one of the things I miss the most during covid.

2 Likes

This looks good. I kind of boycotted port chop. The food just got so expensive. How has long branch bbq been? That was a much better value pre-covid.

1 Like

It was too expensive.
Pluses- good flavor on ribs, delicious shrimp on salad, portion size.
Minuses- price, wet lettuce (pet peeve), not really paella.

1 Like

Been there this summer (outdoor seating) with friends, Decent food, I’d go back.

Forgot to mention Trama Trattoria. Loved it. Pricey but it’s BYOB, so not too bad…

Yeah, their meat/salad (meatsalad??) bar was great. Plus whatever was on the fire. Pay by the lb, and have one heck of a meal.

2 Likes

Yeah I remember every time I ate there, I enjoyed the food but wished I went to a rodizio place instead. :smiley:

Definitely give Sabor a try if you haven’t, I think it’s better than that old place that used to be there!