Favorite Long Branch spots [NJ]

@corvette_johnny where are you ???

I did speak to him almost a year ago and he was doing ok, besides a case of the pandemic blues that we all had. Hopefully he is well and will come back and say hi to us sometime.

4 Likes

Happy Birthday.

Um…thank you? I’m confused, though–my birthday is still months away!

I believe @Barca was responding to your post from 2017 not realizing the date of the post! Happy Birthday from me too!

1 Like

I’ve canceled all my birthdays in the future.

I thought I read, that you Thanked some one for wishing you a Happy Birthday.

Perhaps it is an old post !

Have a nice wkend.

Yes. I think you are right. It is an old post …

:rofl: I love it! Thank you all. Since I DO celebrate every birthday (week, month), I’ll take it!

2 Likes

Fritto Misto at Sirena. Nice mix of rings, zucchini, fennel, pepperoncini, caper berries.

8 Likes

HOs in here who know LB, what do you think of this list? I’ve been wanting to try more LB spots lately. Trama and JP both look great. Do they live up to the hype?
How is Rockefellers? Would love another family suitable spot to take the kids to ad well

I just ‘read’ through that link and can’t be of any help. But I am wondering who believes this was written by someone who has been to a place: “The Hummus Republic is a unique restaurant that will give you the experience to remember. Their menu features Mediterranean dishes, making this spot one of your favorites.”

UHBOY. @Metsfan86 I hope others can offer some legit input!

1 Like

The only restaurant on the list we’ve been to is Rooney’s. When the weather was warm, we enjoyed sitting in the dining room with the lovely ocean view. While the food was not rave-worthy, it was better than average. However, at some point (back more than 10 years), we felt that it took a decidedly downward turn. We were not willing to eat below par food just to have that view, so we stopped going there.

2 Likes

Here’s my take on places I have visited:

1. Rooney’s, more or less agree with RGR, since Pier Village was built and there is a natural “overflow” of people from PIer Village taking the short walk to Rooney’s it has become a zoo most summers. Along with the influx of people came increased prices and decreased quality. Now I view it as a cool place to go for the view, the food is “good” but overpriced.

2. Trama, he has a great reputation, I only tried One Willow and was VERY under impressed.

3. Johnny Piacone’s - solid place but not what I could consider a destination restaurant. No way I’m passing Jimmy’s in AP to go here.

4. Mar Belo - actually I’ve been twice and genuinely enjoyed it. Good different choice for the area.

5. Amy’s - HUGE breakfast place, million options of omelets but again, not my cup of tea. I just prefer a good old NJ Diner for breakfast.

6. Charlies - I was actually here Saturday night. They had a band playing and a full house, and darn good food. Great vibe for a local place a bit off the popular path.

7. _Sirena - Typical Jersey Shore waterfront restaurant. (See Rooney’s for more details)

Those are the places I’ve visited.

2 Likes

This article is so full of typos that I find it hard to take the content seriously.

1 Like

Didn’t think this worthy of starting a separate Sirena post so continuing here.
Stopped in to the bar tonight and were the only ones there at 4:30. Sapphire Martini good as ever with 3 large olives, white Sangria for GF.
Went with the charcuterie plate and hit the spot. 2 different Prosciutto cuts, Bresaola, 2 Salamis, Mortadella, with toasted bread and apple cinnamon chutney.

7 Likes

I forgot how much I enjoy Aperol Spritz on the deck at Avenue in Long Branch, makes the day feel special.
The French Fries were terrific as well.
Feeling human again.

5 Likes

A connoisseur I will never be but I do know good food when I see it.
jr’s has been around since way before I relocated to Long Branch in 2012 and I have enjoyed everything I have ordered, really. I know what it is but every time I order from jr’s I ask myself why I don’t order from them more often.
Chicken fingers, Old Bay Fries half order and Philly Wrap to take to work tomorrow. Think $36 for 4 nice quality meals delivered.
Flame away!

10 Likes

I agree wholeheartedly! They have whole wheat buns available for their mini burgers, two to an order. Always cooked to the temp we request. I have the second burger the next day…just as delicious after 30 seconds in microwave.

3 Likes

My co-workers were asking me what I had in the oven. One half Cheesesteak Wrap for breakfast and the other for lunch.
A few years ago they discontinued a favorite burger of mine and I have unfairly held it against them.
Like everything else the value has to be measured by quality and quantity.

4 Likes