Favorite frozen pizza (brands, specific versions, etc.)

If there’s a dedicated thread to frozen pizza available at your local supermarket I haven’t found it.

Knowing full well that we have excellent pizzaioli and pizzaiole in our ranks, maybe sometimes you didn’t make that dough 76 hours in advance, or don’t feel like getting your >insert extra-special pizza equipment< out of the basement.

On those (rare) occasions, what are the trusty brands you reach for when you have a craving? What are your favorite iterations of their pies?

I’m going totally ordinary, because I only buy them for work for when I don’t have leftovers to bring in for lunch or didn’t want a PB&J or a tuna salad sandwich.

Stouffer’s French Bread pizza with pepperoni is my go-to - one will tide me over until I get home and make dinner. And I’m ever-so-thankful it’s made with 100% cheese. :wink:

6 Likes

Interesting. I know their prepared foods are highly popular, but I wasn’t aware they also made pizza.

Yeah, the other item I get is their meat lasagna, single portion.

1 Like

Home Run Inn or Screamin Sicilian. I haven’t had Stouffer’s FB Pizza in decades. I recall they were pretty tasty.

3 Likes

I haven’t it in ages, but Stouffer’s spinach soufflé used to be fantastic and unlike any other frozen food I’ve ever eaten. And yes, @linguafood , their frozen French bread pizza has been around since I was in college in the early 80s. And although it’s really good, but beware that it’ll burn the roof of your mouth worse than most pizzas because of the thickness of the bread, though so be extra careful.

5 Likes

I still buy their spinach souffle. It makes great quiche mixed with sausage, cheese, mushroom and a couple of eggs. Also great stuffed mushrooms mixed with cheese and some bread crumbs.

2 Likes

I don’t have much experience with frozen pizza. The last one I had was when I was recovering from surgery and I thought, never again. Last week I tried Digiorno Rising crust. It wasn’t too bad. Better than the fast-food pizza I can get around me (Papa John’s). I am sick with covid and had a fever at the time so I don’t know if my judgment can be trusted. I think it was the supreme version, the works.

5 Likes

Happens.
Every.
Damn.
Time.

:woman_shrugging:

8 Likes

Here I thought peeling the skin off one’s palate after indulging was part of the fun :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Mom used to buy Stouffer’s FB pizza all the time, and this was back in the early 1980s.

2 Likes

Stouffer’s mac & cheese was a special treat when I was growing up. Mom would serve it as a side with fish and try to split one tray 3-4 ways.

3 Likes

Feeling under the weather is the perfect moment for frozen pizza, provided that it appeals to your appetite. Hope you feel better soon!

6 Likes

I’ve consistently read that their macaroni and cheese is the best frozen one out there.

2 Likes

One of my clients is in love with Amy’s 3-cheese mac.

I feel a thread drift coming on in 3, 2, 1… :laughing:

3 Likes

Screaming Sicilian Maximus Supremus (or something like that) is almost as good as a reheated slice from the local slice shop (which is not my choice vs. a whole real pizza). Emergency rations, so to speak. The other frozen pizzas I have had the (mis)fortune to try are not worth the calories and salt.

2 Likes

We liked Newman’s Supreme pizza, had it in the freezer all the time. But it went down hill and so we cut it out of lives.
Stouffer’s FB Deluxe pizza is a guilty lunch pleasure with a little salad to balance it out.

3 Likes

Just saw the Stouffer’s French Bread Deluxe in the grocery store and hustled them straight into my cart. I rarely see this style; if I see any Souffer’s, it’s either cheese or pepperoni. And I done even see those ones that often.

I will admit I like the French bread pizzas a lot more than the single serve frozen pizza-ettes that are out there. I do a a pinch of red pepper flakes. .

I also like Stouffer’s stuffed peppers. Stuffed peppers are one of the first things I learned to cook - I remember calling my mom when I was in college to ask her how to make them.

My fave frozen pizza of all time was Wolfgang Puck’s. Hasn’t been around for decades.

5 Likes

Tombstone original crust (pepperoni or supreme) has always been my fav. It is a Nestle’s product same as Stouffers.

I’ll try it, if I see it. For science, of course. :joy:

2 Likes