Favorite Breakfast

Nice photo @Phoenikia! I’ve always wanted to do the red & green on smothered burritos or enchiladas. Never knew they were called that, but love the name.

2 Likes

The perfect biscuits and gravy are something to search for dining out. The concept seems to vary by region, especially the farther one gets from the South, the less sausage in the gravy. With a sunny side up egg, if possible.
Steak and eggs out also.
At home, soft boiled eggs with toast and sausage has been my favorite since tyke days.
Breakfast burritos and tacos are wonderful anytime.
Don’t like cold cereal (or hot, really) and all things sweet just put me in a sugar coma.
Like eating dessert for breakfast.

5 Likes

Sometimes the red and green enchiladas are called Christmas enchiladas.

1 Like

Yes! I’d forgotten that. Thanks.

1 Like

Absolutely agree! :smile: Sleep is the best one! Also I like coffee, eggs, some fresh salad, juice and smth sweet (jam or honey with fresh baguette). Breakfast is one of my favorite meals! It must be delicious!

2 Likes

Half a piece of matzo with unsalted butter, and a cup of coffee. Every day.

3 Likes

Iced tea, unsweetened, and buttered toast with cherry jam.

3 Likes

I retired last year and it’s a rough road. I slept until 320, PM today. I did stay up rather late last night.

2 Likes

Texas. Grits with real butter and copious amounts of pepper.

4 Likes

I love breakfast and breakfast food so there is no way I can pick just one food. I suppose the one thing I can have any day and any time is a sous vide egg with a perfectly runny yolk on buttered toast.

I also do enjoy good blueberry pancakes or waffles, with a bit of bacon to counter the sweetness.

3 Likes

My father drank grits, like some of us drink coffee, on the way to work every day.

3 Likes