Favorite Breakfast

I can’t start my day without a bagel, my favorite is Just Bagels salted from the Bronx N.Y.C.

5 Likes

Here! Here!

A wonderful way to start any day…

My fav is a Plain Bagel slathered in butter. Lately I’ve been bringing home Parmesan Bagels from Eastside Bagel Co. in St Clair Shores, MI. I build “breakfast” sandwiches with this variety. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Asiago just toasted or with a fried egg
Egg bagel, toasted-nova lox and farmers cheese or sliced tomato-mayo
Everything bagel with ham, cheese, egg
Russian rye bagel for any salad spread sandwich (egg, tuna, chicken, chopped liver)-even for breakfast

2 Likes

Mmm fresh bagels!

My favorite is everything (not too much salt) toasted with scallion cream cheese.

I love lox, but not on my bagel unless it’s not an everything.

Sesame, onion, garlic are runners up.

Butter is also delicious on a toasted bagel, if good cream cheese is not available.

2 Likes

We’ll see your chopped liver and raise you whitefish salad.

3 Likes

Deal!

Onion bagel, Lox, cream cheese, red onion & capers. But I eat bagels lots ways.

3 Likes

We don’t have ready access to really good bagels like some of you do. Occasionally we’ll buy a package of plain, toast and butter.

But since the thread title has changed:

Ham & cheese omelette, my husbands crispy hash browns (w/ketchup for me) and English muffins w/Smuckers apricot jam.

While I enjoy the occasional pancakes with syrup and sausage or bacon I much prefer eggs for protein.

No donuts or pastries, no matter how delicious for me.

2 Likes

I changed the title, it’s advertising (or spam). But I saw the thread was already flourishing, didn’t want to eliminate the whole thread.

1 Like

Oh dear. How can we Onions help to stop the spread of spam in our little community? This the 2nd instance I’ve read about spam infiltrating the board this week.

Thanks to members, much of the posts are flagged, some spammers silenced. The forum software is also doing quite a good job in picking out newbie spammers.

One can help by flagging the suspicious posts, especially from new members if their interests are only posting external links, restaurants or products without much interaction with the members.

Lately, a fried egg sandwich, with cheese, or with cheese and bacon.

Or a grilled cheese sandwich .

1 Like

Depends on mood.

Some days a random piece of toast, some days a nice bowl of macaroni and ham in soup, other days congee with some fried dough, bored days maybe a bowl of cereal?

1 Like

had an all trader joe’s grilled cheese for breakfast today:

spread slices of stone hearth sourdough with fig butter; grated together a combo of double cream gouda and 1000 day gouda; spritzed with ghee-sunflower oil spray before grilling.

2 Likes

I have three firm favorites, and an hypothetical one.

Home breakfast: crepes with fresh berries, maple syrup, butter, with a side of bacon or sausage.

Resto Breakfast, Hob Knob Cafe, Tacoma Wa: Chicken Fried Steak with Gravy, biscuits and hash browns, or 1/2 serving of eggs Benedict with hash browns. Hash browns I upgrade with their special version, fried crispy with melted cheddar & green onions. The resto is a jewel box of a place going back decades. Don’t eat there very often, fortunately.

Hypothetical: King Crab Eggs Benny, with the crab being sautéed in butter and Cajun spices, with Tabasco Hollandaise. Side of hash browns. This I will create at home sometime.

4 Likes

My favourite restaurant breakfast is Huevos Divorciados or Chilaquiles.
When I do a sitdown brunch, I alternate between ordering huevos/chilaquiles and salmon or spinach Benedicts. I have had a couple good crabcake Benedicts when travelling, too.

5 Likes

@Phoenikia, what are the divorceiados made with?

It’s basically huevos rancheros, with one egg topped with red salsa, and the other topped with green sauce.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/fried-eggs-on-corn-tortillas-with-two-salsas-huevos-divorciados-103387/amp

I was trying to find a good photo of the one I order!

Here is the one at Easy Restaurant, a bit of a dive that is open for breakfast and brunch in TO. I hope they make it through COVID. They have been in business for 20 years, and I’ve been eating these for 12 years. I’ve tried dozens of huevos in Toronto. I used to post running threads about all the huevos rancheros I had ordered.

6 Likes

Makes perfect sense - would love that too @Phoenikia!

1 Like

My favorite breakfast is sleep! :laughing:
But seriously; eggs Benedict and maybe really good hash browns or cottage fries.

6 Likes