Fast Food Fried Chicken Sandwich Challenge

Just had a Mother Cluckers restaurant open nearby (north of Boston). Looks to be a chain or maybe franchise opportunity. Anyone know it?

1 Like

Looks like they had Popeyes as best sandwich as well. I suppose with KFC and Wendys its really about the
particular location and how they do things …I was not a fan of the Wendys sandwich.

1 Like

If y’all haven’t seen it, Il Nido is having a pop-up with Nashville Hot Chicken…

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKctb5sAo7I/?igshid=1h2ac7anpegho

2 Likes

Did you get the chicken breast sandwich at Wendy’s or the patty? The chicken breast sandwich, which also comes in a spicy version, is way better than the cheap-o patty, I think.

2 Likes

:laughing:You kill me.

1 Like

There IS "cracklin’! At least in the Uk.

1 Like

It’s unfortunate that there are people complaining when they find out that KFC is making gravy in the most proper way possible given the situation. I was glad to find out there isn’t a synthetic-gravy factory somewhere supplying KFC.

3 Likes

chicken Breast sandwich.

1 Like

I love this:

“Once the liquid has been given a stir, a special seasoning mix is added to flavour it and thicken it up.”
A special “seasoning mix” - like that’s fresh parsley, thyme, salt and pepper in the packet. The real hazard is whatever other “chemicals and preservatives” are in the “special seasoning mix” but noooooooooo nobody questions that.

2 Likes

KFCÂŽ Gravy Water, wheat flour, modified corn starch, dextrose, potassium chloride, monosodium
glutamate, salt, onion powder, high monounsaturated sunflower seed oil (manufacturing
aid), autolyzed yeast extract, spices, hydrolyzed corn and soy protein, caramel, torula yeast.
Contains wheat, soy.

Crackling Free Gravy
Water, modified corn starch, toasted wheat crumbs, wheat flour, dextrose, chicken
fat, salt, flavour (contains hydrolyzed corn protein, monosodium glutamate, salt, yeast
extract, disodium inosinate and disodium guanylate), monosodium glutamate, potassium
chloride, onion powder, sunflower oil powder (sunflower oil, buttermilk powder, disodium
phosphate, flavour), hydrolyzed corn protein, torula yeast , caramel colour, spices, yeast
extract, disodium inosinate and disodium guanylate.
Contains wheat, milk, soy.

1 Like

Accordion to @ChristinaM 's research, the packet contains ordinary, expected stuff plus lots of MSG in several forms. Not surprising I guess. (Anything you find in what she wrote that you don’t recognize, it’s more MSG.)

3 Likes

Below is the menu.

5 Likes

It says chik’n and chz, but doesn’t say bisk’ts, sos, belj’n friz, kol’rd grenz, pikl’z, ‘n’ uny’nz. They gotta may kup th’r min’z. :smile:

1 Like

As a math teacher, this is curious. A whole chicken w 2 sides is $46 ( a tad high, but ok ), add in 2 burgers for $34 ( ish) and you are up to $80. So, for $45 more you get salad and dessert in the $125 family meal. Doesn’t seem like a deal to me …

2 Likes

They’re spendin’ alot on xtra 'postr’feez ‘n’ spelchek ov’rridz.

3 Likes

You and your pesky reason! :laughing:

Seriously though…it doesn’t add up.

2 Likes

It’s ridiculous. I’d try it once if someone else was paying, but unless it really was THAT much better, there wouldn’t be a second time.

3 Likes

So within like two weeks of starting this thread, both Drew’s and Il Nido (two places very much not known for chicken sandwiches) have both gotten in on them. Was this thread the inspiration or am I missing something? Or just coincidence?

4 Likes

If those Il Nido prices are still considered fast food, we’ve entered an alternate reality.
I like that for $25 you can’t even ask for which pieces are included. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

il Nido is very definitely NOT fast food. Neither is Drew’s , for that matter. But both are excellent, and I can honestly say theirs are two of the best restaurants I’ve been to in this part of NJ— and at the top of my list to get back to once it’s safe to do so!

7 Likes