Fast Food Fried Chicken Sandwich Challenge

Cane’s started at LSU in Baton Rouge, they sell chicken tenders. And they are growing like crazy.

I drove by one the other day shortly before the Saints game and the drive through line was around the block

2 Likes

Although that looks incredible, I grew up in NOLA down the street from Al Copeland , the owner of Popeyes. Sooo… that being said you probably know where I stand … #teampopeyes :yum:

6 Likes

Come to think of it, I remember a bit of advice from a flag designer that almost applies to logos too - or probably should, anyway. Basically it was: Draw your design in full detail on a piece of paper one inch by two inches. If that’s hard to do, the design is wrong. (I forget if those were the exact dimensions he gave, but it’s the right range and the right idea.)

EDIT: Logos obviously can’t be as strict as flags in this regard.

2 Likes

Team popeyes here as well, went to the original location many times and popeyes was a staple on mardi gras day

3 Likes

Full name is ‘Raising Cane’s Chicken Fingers’ and that’s really all they sell. There’s one on a major street near our son’s house and the drive thru line usually extends off the property onto that street (and that was even more the case BEFORE Covid).

I went to one with a friend a couple of years ago in Henderson, NV. I wasn’t impressed.

4 Likes

I agree with you, there have to be a lot of reasons other than normal consumer preference going into people’s current choices.

It’s fine to argue over who won the most states, but KFC got 206 electoral college votes!

4 Likes

New addition: we have Cain right here in NJ:

We’re fostering him from Husky House. He’s a rescue that arrived with two broken legs from being hit by a car. Hence the cone. Now back to your regularly scheduled chicken sandwhiches.

10 Likes

He’s a cutie!

I LOVE HIM! TY for “fostering” him. (I hope it’s a fail)

2 Likes

We’re hoping its permanent but that depends on the other dog.

4 Likes

Uh oh @Oldandtired there’s a new competitor, better gather the gang again!!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thrillist.com/amphtml/news/nation/kfc-fried-chicken-sandwich-taste-test

4 Likes

6 Likes

I was very disappointed in Drew’s Nashville Hot chicken. Was not hot at all and overall so-so.

1 Like

McD’s used to have a buttermilk batter chicken sandwich which was good, but I think they discontinued it. I like Popeye’s and Chick Fil A, but also like the Wendy’s hot and spicy. Another one that is not bad is the chicken sandwich at I think it is Royal Farms, a new Gas Station / Convenience store chain moving into NJ from MD.

3 Likes

There’s a Royal Farms coming to the intersection of Route 70 and Route 88, on the westbound side of 70. It’s the former location of The Jersey Paddler if anyone is familiar with the store.

1 Like

You beat me to it! Came to this thread to post the same thing! :rofl:

1 Like

We tried the KFC version today: not bad, but no comparison to Popeye’s. In our opinion, KFC is smaller, chicken nice & crispy, but only about 1/2" thick. Popeyes almost looked like a whole half breast. Spicy sauce on KFC very good, pickles better. All things considered, Popeyes gets our votes :yum:

4 Likes

Wow. Could this be the same Royal Farms grocery store i grew up with in Queens, NYC in the 60’s-70’s?

Maybe I’m “crazy”. I couldn’t find it, but I found this.

I may be crazy, but I’m not delusional. There was such a thing.

https://www.supermarketnews.com/archive/al-schreiber-royal-farms-ceo

2 Likes

Looks like word about @Oldandtired chicken sandwich challenge has gotten out and others are starting to follow suit! Way to be a trend setter!!!

https://thedispatch.com/p/the-great-chicken-sandwich-meal-wars

2 Likes