Fast Food Fried Chicken Sandwich Challenge

Saw the as for this during today’s Dodgers/Giants game. If nothing else it has to tell us that the fried chicken sandwich wars have had a major impact on other fast food businesses. Why in the world would Taco Bell do this if their business were good? Next thing we know In Out will be selling chicken too. :flushed:

2 Likes

And I’m pretty sure they use BWW for the hot ones show, haha, though people can’t likely taste the wings.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Not really on topic but not completely off topic either. There wasn’t an existing thread on Quick Check and I sure as hell ain’t starting one for this, I needed gas and I was hungry so I decided to fill both tanks. Well the truck got the better end of the deal, I ordered some chicken cordon blue sandwich that sounded good enjoy also ordered a side of bacon cheese fries! Fries were passable given the location I think they used real bacon, but the plastic to go container really made them soggy fast.

The chicken sandwich was absolutely disgusting. Not the taste or flavor (meh) but the chicken had that rubber yoga mat consistency, it grossed me out to my core. I choked down that bite and threw out the rest, that odd texture chicken really grossed me out.

6 Likes

Yoga mat is a perfect description! I didn’t have it at QuickChek, but the last time I ate at a Subway (well over a decade ago), I had a “grilled” chicken sandwich and that’s exactly what it felt like. Spongy and plastic. No thanks!

4 Likes

that yoga mat texture comes from over salt-brining the chicken

4 Likes

Got this at Quick Check for a quick lunch. If the bacon was extra, I don’t think that I added it. The heat was so good that if the chicken had that yoga mat rubber consistency , I didn’t notice it & thoroughly enjoyed the sandwich. I will definitely get it again. BTW: Had a sausage parmesan sub at Slices of Hope in Little Silver today. Excellent!

Nashville Hot Chicken Portuguese Roll

It’s hot. It’s crispy. It’s chicken with a major kick! Breaded chicken and Nashville hot sauce are the stars of this Portuguese roll sandwich, along with crispy bacon, shredded pepper jack, lettuce, and jalapeños. It’s so good it’ll make your mouth (and your eyes!) water.

6 Likes

I want to talk about the new Megan Thee Stallion hot sauce at Popeyes. Yes, I also got my favorite spicy chicken sandwich, but I had to try this sauce.

I like some of her music, appreciate her beauty, and understand anyone’s desire to be showered with buckets of money. Pay me enough and I would twerk on tv to hawk any sauce you like!

But this sauce is derivative and boring. It’s basically just sweet chili sauce mixed with vinegar and Frank’s hot sauce. It’s still more sweet than heat and might be ok on some cha gio or pork and shrimp patties or maybe bland chicken nuggets.

From me this is an easy pass.

5 Likes

Thanks for your input
Still not allowed fried food ( pancreatitis hangover) but was formerly intrigued by the “hottie “ sauce. Not now though.

2 Likes

Okay, so QC’s “fried” chicken is a literal Tyson chicken patty. Like what is served in a school cafeteria. Their “grilled” chicken comes frozen and is processed and stamped into strips with the grill marks essentially painted on. The bacon is real, yes, but comes pre-cooked in rings and has a once-opened shelf life that would cause you to twitch if you knew how long it would keep. The “fresh fries” are also frozen, a McCann’s off-brand, like you’d get in the supermarket.

I could go on.

I don’t have to say that none of this reply is speculation! LMAO.

6 Likes
4 Likes
6 Likes

@Chemicalkinetics
Here’s the chicken sandwich thread…

4 Likes

I never say this online, but eewwww

1 Like

Apparently the ChKing is no more and they replaced it with another chicken sammy that people like way less. Anyone try both?

You should come up to Toronto, Canada and try out our ’ Mary Brown Original '! Yummmm! Nicely seasoned, crispy batter, super juicy and moist meat!https://marybrowns.com/menu/#combos

1 Like

I feel like this belong here for some reason.

2 Likes

Current favorite: Wendy’s hot honey chicken sandwich/spicy version. Fill out the survey on your receipt and get a BOGO next time. Can’t beat that.

3 Likes

I didn’t know Panda Express had a chicken sandwich.

2 Likes
2 Likes