Extra firm block of tofu..looking for inspiration

I have to make this! I love Maangi, pickles and tofu!! The recipe just says “vinegar”… like, regular white vinegar?

I think she uses apple cider vinegar which is what I have used.

1 Like

Ahhh I see. I don’t know what level of heat tolerance you have, but Korean chile powder actually barely has any heat to it. It’s perfect for people who want the flavor without the burn.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve never heard of it either! But google returns tons of results for it so I guess it’s a thing. Hmmm…

Oh perfect, i’ve got tons of that on hand!

Umm… my tolerance is at the level of the guohujang ketchup i bought is spicy :laughing:
Yeah. Maybe i’ll be brave and pick up some of the red pepper my next h mart trip, I vaguely aspire to be someone who enjoys spicy food yet in reality it just makes me cry!

That’s interesting, I don’t have google at work, I have bing, and I only got one hit for it, and that was from Maangchi. But there was plenty of hits for dubu jorim, which is a popular Korean dish, as you probably know. Are you Korean?

Even if it’s not popular, it sounds delicious and the reason I asked was because I want to make it. :slight_smile:

I had the mushroom tofu for early dinner today. Came together in my non stick pan very quickly. Enjoyed with a cold Alagash White beer and grilled pineapple rings.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Loads of tofu ideas here. Maybe you can use some next time you have tofu in the house.

1 Like

This pic is on the frig as inspiration. Love the colorful, raw bowls.

2 Likes

(Psssssst! The tofu, rice, and edamame aren’t raw…:))
It’s certainly a gorgeous meal! You should totally make this!

1 Like

and tofu with a side of soybeans seems redundant

Ah but they taste so diff.

2 Likes

Lol true. But its inspiration not a test. :blush:

3 Likes

This oldie-but-goodie thread just popped up again. If you want something a bit different from an Asian prep, I often break up TJ’s high-protein tofu into what amounts to tofu rubble and use it in my veggie chili (along with bell peppers and lots of beans). It adds a lot of protein-licious body to the chili. B, who usually turns up his nose to tofu, loves it (I grew up with tofu, he did not).

1 Like

I’m curious to see it in action too! I am Korean. You?

Here’s a quick video I found on youtube if you want to give it a go! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTeazXjcgAU