Eggs and vocabulary

A local food truck offering:
Migas Breakfast Wontons
(Their term)
I’m not sure where this fits in your definitions.

5 Likes

Not too sure.

Frittata (Wikipedia)
”Frittata is an egg-based Italian dish similar to an omelette or crustless quiche or scrambled eggs, enriched with additional ingredients such as meats, cheeses or vegetables. The word frittata is Italian and roughly translates to “fried.”

Omelet (Wikipedia)
“Description - In cuisine, an omelette or omelet is a dish made from beaten eggs fried with butter or oil in a frying pan. It is quite common for the omelette to be folded around fillings such as cheese, chives, vegetables, mushrooms, meat, or some combination of the above.”

Spanish omelette (Wikipedia)
”Description - Spanish omelette or Spanish tortilla is a traditional dish from Spain and one of the signature dishes in the Spanish cuisine. It is an omelette made with eggs and potatoes, optionally including onion. It is often served at room temperature as a tapa.”

2 Likes

I saw it exists in the same tornado form omelet over fried rice but with other sauce, like curry. I didn’t really notice this last year travelling in korea.

I want that so much. Make that food truck come to Scotland, please

1 Like

I use Wikipedia a lot, and I’m an editor. Don’t be impressed - you can be too. It isn’t a good source for credible science although it can provide leads through footnotes.

I like it. Fits my definition of an omelet as it is the wrapper. Doesn’t look too hard to make although I expect it will take some practice to make it really pretty. I have a penchant for formed foods.

1 Like

But it sure is useful!

1 Like

So it’s your fault! :joy:

I just checked some dictionaries. I think it’s not something you can ever get a clear answer. It’s probably a passionate subject for a thesis.

https://www.everybuddyscasualdining.com/2019/03/11/the-origin-of-the-omelet/

Not too familiar with Denver omelet, I tried to look at images, in this case, egg can be a wrapper or the ingredients integrated into the egg.

Whatever they are, egg dishes are always good!

1 Like

Lots of people say that. grin

My goal was and is a discussion, not an answer.

Pretty sure that was on the Top Chef Colorado season!

Its amost time! Any fans on this thread?

1 Like

^ Want. If this dish doesn’t defy classification, what does? It’s good to color outside the lines.

1 Like

Can I see the end? It’s addictive! :laughing:

1 Like
1 Like

St. Paul Sandwich- from St. Louis.
Just to further muddy the waters.

2 Likes

I get my fix on Hulu.

1 Like

Now I want to go to St. Paul. And that is not a sentence I ever imagined myself typing.

Can’t read The Bite as Westword won’t let you read with an adblocker and I’m not going to whitelist a website I don’t know with so much malware on the 'net.

I’ve seen food sold as a Denver omelet both as a wrap (stuffed) and incorporated in the egg.

West World is a long time Denver
alternative/free weekly.
I’m sure you’d be a valuable catch.
Me., not so much.

Exactly the sort of place likely to have their advertising hacked and host malware. More risk than I’m willing to take.

Many years ago I was in Denver regularly, now I’m pretty will focused on places water adjacent. grin

1 Like

I use bread and eggs together in stratas, and bread puddings (savoury or sweet). And whatever one calls an egg fried into a hole torn into a slice of bread/bagel hole. (Egg in a hole, egg in a basket, even toad in a hole- realize toad in a hole is also the English dish made with sausage and batter)

Eggs and corn tortillas for chilaquiles

Sometimes I toss pasta or rice into a frittata .

Eggs with rice and smoked fish in kedgeree .

2 Likes