Delayed / missing notification on “watched” threads

(saregama) #1

Specifically, WFD. When I click on the thread there are many unread comments. But no notification.

0 Likes

You mean the blue number counter? or emailing notification?

0 Likes

(saregama) #3

Number counter and highlighted lines when you touch your profile icon (I’m on an iPhone so mobile version).

Works sometimes, not other times. Thanks.

0 Likes

Can you check the WFD thread, the tracking (with blue dot) is on. It is situated below the topic controls (next to the blue reply button).

0 Likes

(saregama) #5

Yes, I checked that first, before posting. Wasn’t having the problem before yesterday.

0 Likes

In this case, maybe a server problem. I’m on iPhone too, didn’t see this problem.

@sck

Is there any known issues with Discourse and iOS?

0 Likes

I am not really sure what causes this. is this a persistent or an occasional issue?

0 Likes

I’m now having this problem starting today - on a thread I created and one I’ve participated on.

I get onto HO, and see this (no blue numbers):

BUT in scanning the list of threads below, I see this:

I’m used to clicking through the blue numbers to work my way through posts on threads I’m interested in. Both threads are set at “Watching”.

So there’s a glitch in the system somewhere.

0 Likes

Same here, since the last update today, notification doesn’t work most of the time. When people reply or quote me, I don’t get notified.

No emailing notification too.

2 Likes

Looks like I got notification for “like” but not for reply. Hmmm

0 Likes

(Eli Paryzer) #11

I stopped getting notifications also, since the upgrade. Even though I’m watching the new WFD thread I am not getting any notifications for new posts, only if someone likes a post I made. Can an admin look into this?

1 Like

That’s exactly what I’m getting this morning, @naf. I had likes on my dinner post last night on the WFD thread, but that’s the ONLY blue number I got on my avatar icon. There were three unread posts that I had to click on the “unread” link at the bottom of the WFD thread to be able to read those threads - including this one.

0 Likes

I haven’t seen any notifications for the past few days either (if I go to my notifications page, the most recent is from 4 days ago).

0 Likes

Software upgraded- site layouts to be restored soon

Most likely because the server has been working hard to run through a process in the background after the software update. I can reboot the server tonight to see if it gets better.

We have backups in our ‘process queue’. That’s probably where all the notifications are sitting waiting to be processed.

1 Like

The notification problems still persist this morning.

0 Likes

(Eli Paryzer) #17

It seems like the reboot helped free up some of the older notifications from the process queue. Little by little I am getting older notifications from 3 or 4 days ago. Hopefully it will catch up to the present day notifications soon once the reboot is completed.
Thanks @sck !

0 Likes

Ditto on this - I had several notifications for older posts (ones I’d already read but there were a couple of new posts as well). The new threads I’ve participated in are still not showing in notifications, but do show up as one of the “unreads” when I click on that link. So slowly but surely - thanks @sck!

0 Likes

Here too, finally getting some old notifications of 3 days.

Thanks @sck

0 Likes

My notifications are coming in, too; thanks @sck!

0 Likes

Interestingly, this is the ONLY thread I’m not getting notifications for. I have to check the “unread” link at the bottom of any other thread to see if there are any unread.

0 Likes