Delayed / missing notification on “watched” threads

Keep coming, now it’s still a day lag.

Just threw a bunch of server capacity last half hour to now completely cleared up the queue. So now you should receive all the notifications you did not receive in the last few days. And things should be back to normal from now on.

If there is still oddity, please flag.

1 Like

Thx, @hungryonion.

2 Likes

It seems for me, notifications stop to work again.

Same here

I stopped getting notifications as well. I only see the ‘likes’ like before.

Unfortunately, the blue number over my avatar stopped showing up this morning. Have to search for the Unread threads in the wavy bacon or at the bottom of any other thread.

Still receiving notifications on the same threads days after they were posted or notified multiple times on the same reply.

1 Like

The process queue isn’t backed up as of this moment. Are you still having issues currently?

1 Like

This is probably the reason- the server CPU capacity has been maxed out for a while. I don’t know if there is some processes running in the background post-upgrading, or if the new version just uses more CPU. Either way, I added another CPU to the server, either temporarily or permanently as needed. That should solve it this time, hopefully.

I seem to be all caught up and up to date with my notifications this morning. Thanks @sck and @hungryonion !

1 Like

Ditto on the up-to-date notifications. Thanks!

As of last night / this morning I still received “stale dated” notifications of posts. Nothing since this morning.

I don’t know if this helps but I ran some behind the scenes analytics myself, this is what I found:

3 Likes

Your tenacity makes me laugh, @NotJrvedivici. :smiley:

1 Like

Rceiving stale is ok for the time being. It could be that the system is catching up. Please flag if you aren’t receiving current notifications that you should be receiving.

All sarcasm/joking aside, how would I know I’m not receiving a notification?

@LindaWhit thank you!

Your avatar wouldn’t have a blue number over top of it showing the number of responses. You’d have to click on the 2 strips of bacon (Mmmmmm…BACON!) to see how many “Unread” threads you had.

Got some weird notifications on old threads…

1 Like

@naf, looks like a whole bunch of WFD threads just got pushed in the notification software. Like @Saregama, I just got 17 notifications on threads from 2016, 2017, and 2018.

They all have a little “orange pencil” like below, and when I hover over the pencil, it shows the date/time of editing.