Deals in e-cookbooks (new additions every other day)

Update on EYB ebook list (including the Levantine ones mentioned above).

Sabrina Ghayour’s books are 99c again, but I’ve never tried her recipes - anyone? Also Chetna Makan from GBBO (and several others).

1 Like

$1.99

$3.99

1 Like

We Fed an Island

José Andrés and Richard Wolffe $2.99

Amazon
Apple
B&N
Google
Kobo

@chowdom

When I see this book, I think of you…

:+1::heart:

$0.99

2 Likes

Thx. Too bad, the sales is not valid any more (or only for me, outside the zone?!). I’m specially interested in Gunpowder.

Sorry @naf - that’s frustrating. It’s happened to me with UK kindle deals sometimes.

Here’s the EYB link with regional breakdown:
https://www.eatyourbooks.com/blog/2019/5/5/may-5,-2019-kindle-cookbook-deals

1 Like

Tacos

Recipes and Provacations
By Alex Stupak and Jordana Rothman - $1.99
Amazon
Apple
B&N
Google
Kobo

The Perfect Scoop

By David Lebovitz - $1.99
Amazon
Apple
B&N
Google
Kobo

1 Like

Marcella Hazan, Momofuku, and more:
https://www.eatyourbooks.com/blog/2019/5/12/may-12,-2019-kindle-cookbook-deals

1 Like

Thanks, there are some interesting stuff on the list.

I bought this ebook many years ago, those days when it was still expensive like $20+, I was quite happy with the format of the book, because the layout was exactly like the hard cover. Now with strategy, price changes and updates, it is reduced to a cheaper version ebook with few photos and mainly text. Duh!

Among all ebooks, I noticed that Ottolenghi’s ones have some enhanced features.

One thing I think that make ebooks less desirable is the lack of index. True, you have search, but not the same.

1 Like

The newer ones have contents with a list of recipes, and an index too. But it can vary.

Very true.

I just bought “The Perfect Scoop”, please note that the ebook doesn’t contain “rice gelato” as in the print version.

Don’t know if this is a common practice that ebook has less content.

No, you should email the publisher, or message the author on insta, probably an oversight.

Emailed both publisher and the author. Let’s see if they reply.

Got a reply from the author.

Thanks for your message. When I updated the book, I added a dozen new recipes, and for space, others had to go. So a few, like Green Pea ice cream, didn’t make the new version. In addition, some people had problems getting the rice soft enough in the gelato (they got too hard when frozen, which I attributed to different kinds of rice used), so I removed that recipe from the book as well to make room for all-new recipes.

He included the recipe as well. (Anyone interested please msg me)

Well that was very prompt (and nice) of him!