Deals in e-cookbooks (new additions every other day)

Rukmini Iyer’s sheet pan book is 1.99 (in the UK it’s called The Roasting Tin)

I’ve borrowed it a few times so 1.99 was an easy decision. The timing and combination charts are very helpful.

I keep nominating this one for COTM, and it’s 2.99 right now so why not.

2 Likes

I bought the Silverton “book” for 1.59 just now - we will see - 24 recipes and only two reviews showing, both scornful - maybe you wanna add a positive review! I can see the logic of giving recipes for “pantry” ingredients, which to me sound like expensive condiments we buy for one dish and may not use again. Having paged though it now, Im surprised how many of these pantry items I dont have in my very full pantry. It also seems to have been lifted from her other book without some relevant materials - Im assumng a glossary of highlighted items - and the recipes are mostly eggs and pasta dishes. I can see cooking some of these. which recipes do you like?

Kindle deals are becoming increasingly rare for me. I see a kindle book on the US amazon site advertised for say 2.99 but when I click on the book page, the peice increases sometimes tenfold. Is this only happening to me? Maybe it’s because I’m an European customer, and amazon increasingly wants me to shop on my local amazon site. Too bad!

Maybe the deals on the UK site will work for you

https://www.eatyourbooks.com/blog/2023/01/19/cookbook-deals

Thing is, if I switch kindle store from USA to UK, I cannot go back and buy from the USA ever again. Though maybe I should choose the UK site from now on, since deals on the US site are rare for me.

Thank you for this! Can’t wait to play!

1 Like

I’m on the UK site and generally check out their daily and monthly deals.
I had to switch from USA site years ago.
Seems like you can chop and change between the European Amazon’s, but not the US.
I’ve only bought kindle books from the UK though.

1 Like

Melissa Clark’s ”Dinner in One” is $2.99 today for the kindle ebook.

1 Like

Sirocco on sale at amazon US for 0.99 today. I went for it.

1 Like

Into the Vietnamese Kitchen: Treasured Foodways, Modern Flavors [A Cookbook] by Andrea Nguyen.

Her debut cookbook and on sale today at Amazon for $1.99. I already have and love her banh mi cookbook, I jumped at being able to have this one as well.

2 Likes

Sirocco is now $5.99 Kindle/Amazon : (

I admit it … I’m a fan.

Free on Kindle Unlimited: Downton Abbey Afternoon Tea Cookbook.

I don’t know anything about the book, but I figure for free it might provide some entertainment, if not a few recipes. Over 2900 reviews on Amazon for 4.8 stars, and 286 reviews on Goodreads for 4.3.

2 Likes

Ooh - might be fun as a cook-together if you feel like starting a thread

That would be fun! I haven’t gotten past the intro yet, but when I do, if it looks approachable, I’ll start something. :+1:

Alison Roman’s Sweet Enough is currently $1.99 on amazon for an ebook.

2 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/Sweet-Enough-Baking-Alison-Roman-ebook/dp/B0B8M9HT74

1 Like

Thanks, i bought it!

Masa: Techniques, Recipes, and Reflections on a Timeless Staple by Jorge Gaviria is $2.99 on Amazon.

Mezcla: Recipes to Excite by Ixta Belfrage is on sale at Amazon for $1.99. I have the hardcover, and it’s an inspiring and fun little book. I’ve made some of her dip/app recipes several times.

1 Like

Thanks for mentioning this one. A friend was telling me how much she’s enjoyed cooking from this, so I snapped it up.

1 Like