Deals in e-cookbooks (new additions every other day)

Yes, I’ve it too! Got it when on sale, a good read.

1 Like

@naf,

I made her blender mayo yesterday for a last minute batch of banh mi’s - so easy and tasty!

1 Like

Actually I discover the eats your books deal links renews on its own twice a month with the same link. If you click on any of the 2020 links in this thread, it will lead to the latest deals. New from 16/02.

https://www.eatyourbooks.com/blog/2020/02/09/kindle-cookbook-deals-2

2 Likes

The UK promo has interesting stuff!

The complete Milk Street Kitchen and Milk Street Tuesday Nights. Can I get them too (my kindles are from the US store). Maybe need a spare old phone or tablet to install a second app?

@naf From what I can tell, you don’t need a new app - you have to change your address. Here’s one of the links I found -

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your additions to this list!

I had some ebook credits that were going to expire but thanks to your list and links I got these two -

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0045OUJ58/ref=pe_385040_117923520_TE_M1DP

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B002ROKQG0/ref=pe_385040_117923520_TE_M1DP

Hooray! Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you, @Happybaker, just got them both. How can you beat $1.99 per???

1 Like

You can’t! And I am especially excited about the Peter Reinhart book.

Yes, as I would infer by your handle! Happy cooking and baking, and please let us know if you come across any fabulous recipes or methods.
I looked briefly through the Faye Levy book, and while not Jewish, I have several friends who are; I find the traditions, and histories of the various ethnic Jews, as it relates to food, both fascinating and creatively adaptive. Look forward to delving in further. Would like to make my own matzoh, and make the matzoh stuffed chicken recipe in the first part of the book. Not bragging, but I make a mean challah bread, and borscht, both of which I love. Challah is such a lovely bread, both in taste and looks. Have a great day @Happybaker!

Thanks to you, I got Reinhart‘s book as well.

My wife is enjoying the Open Kitchen cookbook out this month so much that she found and bought older editions by the chef on Amazon including one on just strawberry dishes. Anyone else a fan of Susan Spungen?

1 Like

I’ve seen that pop up on Amazon before, so went to take another look at it, and remembered that it has appealed to me before. I am familiar with her more by name, but her background alone is an endorsement.
My on-line shopping, with regards to cookbooks is somewhat restricted at the moment, with H working from home, and being around when deliveries show up. Anything else fine, but he doesn’t think I need anymore than maybe the 1500 I already have. That may be a conservative estimate…

1 Like

Wow! We don’t have many cookbooks and my wife tends to copy her favs out of her hard copy and pass the physical book on when she’s ready. I have two digital cookbooks and far too many magazine pages stored in the desk! Where do you keep your cookbook collection?

Well, I have floor to ceiling custom bookshelves along one wall of the bedroom that used to be my oldest kid’s room. Then two narrower ones, floor to ceiling on the window wall beside the recessed window seat. I’ve got them mostly arranged and grouped by type, and can usually find what I need easily. Others are in kid #2’s old room in floor to ceiling cabinets, by the recessed window seat, but have doors on the lower shelves, for a different look.

As I finish this post, my favorite Chinese cookbook has been misplaced, and I have a growing tower on the coffee table in fam room. Oh and I have shelves in the kitchen too.

My name is D…, and I have an addiction :scream_cat:

And BTW, I’m having a hard time reclaiming my damn real estate from the kids, who think their rooms are their personal storage units. I’ve graciously offered to store their treasures in the attic, but they need to get rid of their “junk”!

2 Likes

LOL, great fun to read.

LOL, over the years, my mom shrinks my collection of things at home. She claims that nothing is trashed… :grin: I can see how the points of view are different!

2 Likes

Oh my youngest threw an absolute fit on Christmas Eve, when we had 2 guests for Christmas Eve dinner. She realized that one of the Boston Terriers had helped himself to a stuffed toy she had from childhood, and then chewed on it a bit. She’s been out of the house for 10+ years, and I’ve begged her to go through her stuff, even 1 drawer at a time. I got fed up, put her stuff in black garbage bags, and sold the furniture in that room. Her stuff is mostly in our garage. If she doesn’t watch out, we’ll deliver it to her small urban apartment, and let her figure things out. They’ve been duly warned! Oldest claims that since she moved back for a year, while in her early thirties, that the clock has started over, since its only been 2 years, since she’s out of our house. She’s a clever one…:joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat: Your mom has probably taken similar measures you naughty girl you! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Ok, to get this back on topic, just looked in Kindle library, and have about 175 digital cookbooks, including food writing, and memoirs. I’ve got hard copies as well, on maybe 30 of them. Most of them purchased for .99 - $2.99! Great to have while traveling and cooking at friend’s houses. I’ve made some great recipes out of some I don’t have in hard copy. It’s a fun and pretty harmless addition to the physical cookbook collecting. Most other books I buy, I’ll read and pass on. Usually buy everything used at thrift stores, or used through Amazon. I’ve been lucky to get new like books through both shopping platforms. Happy bargain hunting for those who like e-cookbooks!

1 Like

The Model Bakery Cookbook: 75 Favorite Recipes from the Beloved Napa Valley Bakery

$2.99

https://www.amazon.com/Model-Bakery-Cookbook-Favorite-Recipes-ebook/dp/B00CUSQPOA/

Momofuku: A Cookbook- kindle edition $2.99

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00480OV08