Deals in e-cookbooks (new additions every other day)

I searched and searched and couldn’t find such a list. Can’t thank you enough! (Random note: Caramel “Crack” is too sweet, not worth the effort. However, his buttercrunch toffee folded into plain ice cream is one of my favorites.)

1 Like

I will sure try the buttercrunch toffee!

In France, the supermarkets carry some round rice labeled especially for dessert, they are much cheaper in price than the risotto rice. I just checked the label, the rice is produced in Italy. When cooked, they don’t have the al dente firm texture. I guess they are inferior Arborio but excellent for dessert!!

I guess you have bought his first edition! I just got the second, so we can have an exchange of recipes!!

1 Like

Ikaria

By Diane Kochilas - $1.99
Amazon
Apple
B&N
Google
Kobo

2 Likes

@Lambchop

I’m tempted with “Ikaria”, but reading the comments on amazon, and looking at the recipes (i.e. the hardcover copy), many of the ingredients are unavailable to those who are not living on Ikaria.

What do you think of the book?

1 Like

Updated list of deals;

https://www.eatyourbooks.com/blog/2019/6/16/june-16,-2019-kindle-cookbook-deals

1 Like

Shrubs: An Old-Fashioned Drink for Modern Times (Second Edition) by Michael Dietsch and Paul Clarke is on sale for $2.99.

2 Likes

Thanks! Done and done.

Naf, sorry to reply so late, didn’t realize you had posed this question to me. I like the book, and the author is certainly on her game. My SIL spent a week on Ikaria and was very intrigued it was one of the planet’s “blue zones”. She loved it there. There is no question I wouldn’t make a lot of the recipes, or if I did would use a lot of substitutions. We made a lentil and fennel salad that was pretty fabulous - based on that I would give some others a try. I do think the book does a good job of representing what these people mostly eat in their daily lives. Of course there are a lot of feast days too.

Might be something to consider if it goes back on a good Kindle sale.

1 Like

Thanks, got it, love the idea of using vinegar in drinks…

Thanks, the subject is interesting, although I don’t think I will cook much with this book. Duh! I think I forgot to buy it when it was on sale…

Flour + Water: Pasta: A Cookbook

by Thomas McNaughton and Paolo Lucchesi is on sale on Amazon for $1.99.

1 Like

Got it… thanks.

1 Like

Cook Korean! A Comic Book with Recipes: A Cookbook

by Robin Ha - $1.99

Amazon

Apple

1 Like

Vietnamese Food Any Day: Simple Recipes for True, Fresh Flavors: A Cookbook

by Andrea Nguyen is on sale on Amazon for $2.99.

Did you get the book, what do you think of it?

I like Andrea Nguyen’s books, I have 4 of them, this one I don’t know why, I don’t feel the cuisine very Vietnamese but more of fusion. My feeling is based on the limited recipes samples in the printed book, would like to see more recipes.

I just got it, already have 2 of her books. I just looked through a few sections and yeah it does seem to have many fusion-y recipes along with some recipes that are the same or variations from the other books I have (Into the Vietnamese Kitchen and The Pho Cookbook).

I guess the aim of the book is for easy everyday cooking.

I’ve the 2 books you owned, plus also The Banh-mi Handbook and Asian Dumplings. I have 3 other Vietnamese cookbooks in French. Into the Vietnamese Kitchen is among my favourite and most used. I think I will skip this one. Thanks for your reply.

Ottolenghi: The Cookbook

by Yotam Ottolenghi and Sami Tamimi - $2.99

1 Like

The Broad Fork

By Hugh Acheson - $1.99

Actually bought it, find it very convenient as the vegetables are divided into each a separate entry and also by seasons. I’m no good in veggie cooking. Useful when I have a certain vegetable and need to cook something urgent for dinner with no inspiration. Will try a few recipe soon to see if they are good.

1 Like