Could you enumerate your stuff?

This is a yes/no question, not a request for you to rattle off your stuff. It is intended to provoke a bit of reflection. Try to list what is visible on counters and walls and also what is in cabinets and drawers you rarely open. Then go back and check to see how you did. If you did really well, it may mean you are just very observant or that you have your stuff in good control. If you missed a lot, you may need to start taking Prevagen or you just have too much stuff. Of course it may just mean, “Oh yeah, my mold for pate en croute is in my trifle dish on the top shelf.” What are your general results?

6 Likes

My answer is Yes. I can remember most of my items – because I cook pretty often.
On the other hand, I misplaced my cell phone last Thursday. Just saying.

5 Likes

Interesting exercise, thank you for taking the time to think of it and create it…
Honestly it will be an eye opener for sure, whether it is time for me to purge or not.

2 Likes

Definite candidate for Prevagen here.

Most of my life was spent with a small kitchen in a city twin home. When I moved into a large suburban kitchen I thought there was no way I could run out of room. I’m pretty good with what’s in the cabinets with the pots and pans I use often. Bur I have noticed a creep into the garage shelves (makes more sense when I explain the door to the garage is off the kitchen) and the rest of the cabinets are full of mystery.

I knew I had a real problem when my sister asked if she could borrow a bundt pan and I gave her one still in its box with a request for her to not return it when she’s done.

I blame friends and family. When they think Kim, they must think cooking\baking. In fact the bundt pan sister actually gifted me a stand-alone cabinet to hold the air fryer she bought me this past holiday. Yes, the cabinet is full but the air fryer has never even been plugged in.

4 Likes

There you go. Positive thinking.

7 Likes

Or perhaps positive deflection.

2 Likes

Yes. I just went through a reorganization, so this was especially easy. I did throw away a few things–but not enough. Still have that morgue for a few knives.

1 Like

Um, yes, I think completely - within some tolerance, Tim. I’m celebrating a birthday tonight.

Ask me again tomorrow afternoon, Pal?

But today’s “Yes” is only because I brined some top round for corned beef last week, and somewhat frantically went through “all those top cabinets” recently.

If this hadn’t been the case, I know only that there would have been all kinds of stuff in the top cabinets that I would have completely forgotten about.

3 Likes

LoL - I can relate. I keep my shopping list on a self-directed text on my phone. Whatever I note, my kids note, my wife notes, it goes on my “Me” text as a draft note.

But I forget to take my phone to Aldi! Then I think (stupidly), “Oh, I’ll just call my wife and have her read me the list.”. (Um, call my wife on what, exactly?)

My wife has her phone grafted into her bones, but I forget mine all the time.

3 Likes

Yeah. Happy B-day. Yours?

4 Likes

Hey, if it’s your birthday I hope you have a fabulous celebration! Otherwise, I hope it’s a great celebration for whomever the birthday person may be. Cheers.

2 Likes

Ooops! No it’s my 2nd daughters 22nd birthday. Sorry, didn’t mean to give wrong idea (I’m working on 57).

Also at @tomatotomato - again, sorry for not being clear!

3 Likes

There are too many “2” in this sentence. Are you sure this is a real?

2 Likes

LoL, yes, it is real. Third daughter was 23 earlier (February 19) and 2nd daughter is 22 on July 11. Third daughter was 20 on April 10.

1 Like

Well, :slight_smile: Please say Happy B day to your daughter for us. You know…
your 2nd daughter for her 22nd birthday in the year of 2022.

“Third daughter was 23 earlier” – you probably mean First daugther.

3 Likes

Cause for celebration all the same! Happy birthday to your dear daughter.

2 Likes

Happy birthday!!!

2 Likes

I never thought of that before (all the 2 numerals). Is that special?

On second thought, I guess the same obtained at age 2. I.e. “Age 2, 2002, 2d daughter” and henceforth throughout her life…

But yes, you’re correct I meant 1st vs. 3rd and should have said “First daughter was 23 earlier”. Thanks! (Beers-n-shit)

3 Likes

Yeah. That is very special too. Consider she is your 2nd daugther… Only age 2 and age 22 are more special… until age 222.

1 Like

Oh my. When she does her 222nd birthday. It will be year 2222! Year 2222 for 222nd birthday.

3 Likes