Corona dining Houston

We’re looking at going after the first as we have a Shiner area trip coming soon. Hello Jaymes.

They have a good looking Thanksgiving menu as it usually doesn’t go well at here at our place.

1 Like

I do not know what just happened.

I dug out my .22 rifle that I haven’t shot in 40 years and want to shoot out in the country but can’t find any ammo, go figure. I want to pick off some beer cans. I’ve got shotgun ammo for my Dad’s 80 year old 16 gauge and my 50 year old side by side 20 gauge but want to hold on to most of it “in these troubling times” where you can’t find ammo in Texas of all places.

I bought the .22 semi-auto rifle at Target when I was no more than 16. Thirty bucks, different times. The waiting time was as soon as I could pull the cash out of the wallet.

1 Like

What just happened?

1 Like

All my boyfriends had gun racks In their trucks in high school. :joy:

1 Like

What is the statue of limitations for teens driving around with gun in Texas? :upside_down_face:

There was a brain/computer cramp I fixed. :crazy_face:

1 Like

I know the I-10 location of ZaZa hotel has a restaurant called tipping point, and maybe the restaurants in both of them have the same name, but your menu may pertain to the I 10 hotel. Which also is a very nice hotel if you choose to stay there.

1 Like

Our gift card locks us into the Main location and that’s how I want it. I’ve lived and worked around Memorial City so long a stay at the old Warwick Hotel is welcome, plus I’ve got some 8 am champagne drunken memories there.

The Tipping Point was for Main Street when I looked it up.

1 Like

We went to Captain Benny’s 290 Saturday evening. We opened with gumbo which is more of a soup but tastes great and goes down easily.

Half shell oysters are a must and I consumed most of the two dozen salty Galveston Bay specimens. Delicious!

We also split an order of fried oysters and an a la carte stuffed shrimp. Everything was great as I’ve never had any bad food there going back to the 70’s.

The oyster bar is the must do place to feed and I’ll say it was about half full.

I didn’t check the oyster prices until the bill came and they were 18.39 a dozen, yikes! They also do a mean whole catfish, next time. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

oyster prices have gotten out of control. I wonder if the wholesale market has gone up that much. All they did was give them names and the price quadrupled.

2 Likes

Thank you Robb Walsh, Bryan Caswell. and Southern Foodways for the spike in prices as I believe we’ve discussed before. The oysters I ate 50 years ago don’t taste any different from last weekend.

At least crawfish prices have somewhat remained steady and even gone down a hair, knock on Doobie’s wooden head.

Hahaha :cowboy_hat_face: :hammer:

1 Like

I’m fully aware the season hasn’t started so we’ll see what happens.

Is that who I think it is?

Hehe

1 Like

Yeah. …

Which one of you reprobates stole my hat?

3 Likes

One guess. :cowboy_hat_face:

Goode Co bbq huge error.

Background.

We dropped the car off for an oil change at J and T in Spring Valley, good place.

We’re heading out to Shiner ish and I need ammo to blow things up. Carter’s Country fit the bill and I got 100 20 gauge shells, ammo is hard to find. Oh, I no longer kill game birds and small mammals.

Goode Co is in the same parking lot, we’re hungry and though I swore I’d never go back we went and got ok chicken, terrible sausage and cheese bread.

Never again. :cowboy_hat_face: :cowboy_hat_face: :cowboy_hat_face: :mask: :mask: :mask: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

1 Like