Corona dining Houston

Riiiiiight??? :rage:

1 Like

I’ve lost so many of my favorites before the covid I shudder to think what the landscape will look like afterward.

1 Like

Nooooo!

Carlos Correa just crushed one into the seats in Arizona and there was a Whataburger ad on the jumbotron.

Say it ain’t so.

We still love OUR Astros!

Take that the rest of the hating solar system.

1 Like

Oops forgot to mention Altuve went 427 feet earlier. Obviously he cheated in an empty stadium.

Minute Maid Park will be closed all year so the hot dogs have extra time to age.

Can they be better?

They can’t be worse. :mask: :sunglasses: :thinking:

1 Like

They’re dumping excess dogs and nachos on the open market delivered to your door if you have the courage to open it.

It’s a promotion called Bring the Ballpark Home that I saw on tonight’s Astros game.

Bad food just got worse, even the peanuts are terrible.

2 Likes

Not Houston but Dallas cancelled their
State Fair due to Covid-19. So all those
500,000 Fletcher, corny dogs normally sold at the SF are being teamed Up with Golden Chick for a limited time,. I would think they’re frozen too but I could be wrong.

4 Likes

Went out to Sushi Jin this week and they have added even more barriers and added height to the booths along the walls.

We ordered a bunch of appetizers, there’s 5 " sections of appetizers on the menu now (appetizers for drinks is one, "post snacks is another). All was good, but the small ramen on the post menu is not authentic, with dried curled ramen from the .25 package and a very hard boiled egg, un-soaked.

It was good to get out and eating at a restaurant is safer than grocery shopping at Randalls across the lot IMO. We went early and by the time we left, they were as full as possible at about 50% capacity. Good for a weeknight.

![image|525x700]

Salmon Stuffed Fried Jalapenos

Ikura Sushi always.

4 Likes

Seems a bit lacking in “ambience”.

1 Like

Sushi places around here have a very clean look. But this is pretty severe due to the Covid. The restaurant as a whole is very attractive with a nice sushi bar and a recessed Japanese dining room. .

3 Likes

When we were out and about today my husband decided he just had to have a SF Fletchers corny dog from Golden Chick. $5,49 tax included. We were told to pull around front and ten minutes later they brought out a nice hot corny dog. We joked about it but I think $5.49 for a corny dog is absolutely outrageous. He didn’t seem to mind though.

3 Likes

I might pay that at the State Fair but at Golden Chick?!?

Aw hell no!

2 Likes

I finally picked this up. Of note, the pickles are very strong. They were the strongest smell and taste. I thought that was odd. Very crunchy though. Popeye’s version.

6 Likes

Yipee :cowboy_hat_face:

Driving around retired aimlessly looking for trains and listening to sports talk has paid off. I had to answer two President election questions and nailed it.

I won a room at Hotel ZaZa with a value of 250 per the IRS form.

I’m thinking an extra night and am looking for reasonable Museum District places.

3 Likes

NICE!! winning! Regale is with your eats during your stay. Fine Arts is having Glories of Spain this month.

2 Likes

The downside is I can’t win another prize for 90 days. Oh well, the hotel was a one off. Now they’re back to giving away chicken wing gift cards, no loss.

Slumber party!!!

2 Likes

We can build a fort out of sheets and blankets.

1 Like

1 Like

I’ve never been to the ZaZa that are that you are looking at in the Museum District, but I have heard that their in- house restaurant is very good.

1 Like

This might be the best “Mad Tv” ever. The celebrity pajama party in the fort with Jack Nicholson, Steven Segal, Prince and the unwelcome Eddie Murphy.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=yfp-t-s&p=mad+tv+sleepover&_guc_consent_skip=1604701961#id=1&vid=9540ee91e62582b485dd57921239dba1&action=