Corona dining Houston

If you are asking if drunken Galveston residents have all the accuracy of storm troopers then “Yes, it’s normal”.

:wink:

2 Likes

No self-respectin’ Southerner uses instant grit or says yoooooothes. Fact.

2 Likes

I’m with you but try and buy non instant grits at a mega store such as MY HEB. Good luck.

We do grits at Frank’s Grill on Mangum, not sure what kind they are but sure are good.

How do you screw up crawfish?

Simple, make them not taste like crawfish.

Mission accomplished at Cactus Cove yesterday. It’s a good thing I only got two pounds to go but seasoning overpowered the crawfish taste. They had nice heat but had an off putting spice flavor that even the Wifeacita couldn’t identify, she guessed thyme and rosemary.

Never again.

1 Like

Did Wifeacita recover her lost taste?

Si. despues seis o siete semanas.

In other words after six or seven weeks.

2 Likes

I’ve put in an offer on a house in Shiner. Four bedrooms. Plenty of room for a weekend get-together with folks from “Back East.”

That’s y’all.

3 Likes

Love it! Are you having to sell property here too? Good luck on your offer. Do we have a pool? I hear grandkids love those things.

1 Like

Nooo!! What am I going to do?

2 Likes

So no more square crispy fried fish and tarter sauce. Fresh baked rolls too. I still miss Wyatt’s eggplant casserole. Tried the online recipe but it just wasn’t the same.

1 Like

Wow that’s something. I wish they had listened to their fans on improving the model, it’s like they were completely tone deaf. So unlike the Pappas family too.

2 Likes

They’re really rectangular but it doesn’t matter because they’ll be gone soon.

1 Like

It got to where I would enjoy the fish, rolls which I rarely ate, and roast beef if it was still mooing.

The vegetables are woefully under seasoned and even quit eating the mac and cheese. Does it qualify as a vegetable?

It always has. :grinning:

1 Like

I notice your HEB still has crawfish signs up all the time. Anyone been on a weekend to see if they are actually berling them up?

Not sure what berling is but they’re not serving cooked outside.

It’s Texan for “boil.”

1 Like

Gotcha, I’m 60 some odd years old, some more odd than not, pure Texan and never heard it. I’ll have to incorporate this into my vocabulary.

While wildly off topic, when I first read " berling" I heard it in my head in Archie Bunker’s voice. Decidedly NOT a Texas accent.

When I think of how my country cousins would say the word, it comes out more like " bowlin".

:wink:
:thinking:

3 Likes

When Jaymes settles in we can have a bowl or berl next season. What is a better housewarming gift than a sack of crawfish?

3 Likes