Corned beef ideas

Ok so I made the sauce last night… man does it go well with this! Thank you so much for the rec! I took some sour cream and added horseradish, dijon mustard, prepared mustard, pickle juice and a touch of sugar. Mmmmmmmmmmm

4 Likes

Took a detour from the budae chigae idea and went with a more classic gochujang steup tonight. It was good overall, but it felt like the corned beef alternately got lost, or took over the dish.

Still contemplating that corned beef pho. Hehe.

2 Likes

Pho is a great idea, although making it at home is labor-intensive. Pho is the epitome of one of those dishes that makes more sense at large scale, meaning that pretty much the same effort and time goes into smaller or larger portions. Can’t make a little pho faster than a lot of Pho. Still, good idea.

Not sure what you mean by herb in the broth, but if you mean those rings, they look to me like cross cut green chiles.

Tried this this year for St Paddy’s day for the first time. Will do again. Was delicious. Leached out salt for 3 days, patted with pastrami spices and left in fridge over night. Smoked for 8 hours. Served with a cabbage and bean soup. Turned out to be a great combo.

4 Likes

Glad it worked well for you jb and it’s on the hit list to do again. Sounds like a good combo

It’s just too easy not to do more often and I don’t do it enough. Pastrami is such a treat

1 Like