Cooking Fails - do share!

7 Likes

Uffda!

occasionally missteps like that can lead to great results. in the late 1930s, ruth wakefield was making chocolate cookies when, instead of mixing melted chocolate, she instead added chopped chocolate, inventing the chocolate chip cookie.

for me, a few years back i had melted some butter intending to toast some breadcrumbs (for what i don’t recall). it was only after i had poured the ‘breadcrumbs’ into that pan that i realized that i had grabbed the jar containing pastina.

i didn’t want to just toss them. so after the pastina was toasted, i added chicken stock, and cooked until the pastina was tender, then stirred in a beaten egg — a thicker version of the ‘italian penicillin’ my mother made me as a child.

turned out well. another version is to replace the egg with chopped broccoli — other greens could work, as well.

5 Likes

I used to keep EVOO in a Billy Bee honey squeeze bottle, got home late one night(tipsy) , made some oatmeal and grabbed the bottle of “honey”. Couldn’t figure out why it tasted so weird, until the next morning :grimacing:

5 Likes

At least it was kinda healthy as opposed to most drunk foods. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Wow! That’s a crazy picture in my head now!! That could have been disasterous!

2 Likes

Yeah. I have done some really stupid things.

1 Like

Years ago, my attempt at a Cooking Light noodle pancake recipe turned into a sticky burned mess. I had to throw the pan away because it was impossible to clean!

5 Likes

Well, that’s certainly the ultimate fail!