Cookbook of the Month - Sept 2022 Nominations

THE FOOD LAB, CARMINES COOKBOOK, and MESA MEXICANA make up a complete sentence.

SALAD FREAK looks intriguing, also
SEE YOU ON SINDAY: A Cookbook for Family and Friends

BLACK FOOD, edited by Bryant Terry

1 Like

Was happy to see my library has Ali Slagle’s book. Be forewarned, ingredient measurements are not with the list of ingredients at the side, they are in the recipe text. They are in bold so that helps. I prefer to see the ingredients and the amounts at a glance the way the majority of my cookbooks have them. What about you?

Reminder: nominations are supposed to close tomorrow, but we currently don’t have any book that has gotten a substantial number of nominations. If you see something nominated that looks good, please add your nomination. I could use some separation between the books so it is clear which to pass on to voting. I am going to extend the nominations for an extra 24 hours to see if we get a few more nominations. Nominations will close on the 19th at 10am EDT.

BLACK FOOD - edited by Bryant Terry

THE FOOD LAB - Kenji López-Alt

1 Like

COOK EAT REPEAT : Ingredients, Recipes, and Stories / Nigella Lawson

COOKING FROM YOUR PANTRY : Delicious Meals in 30 Minutes or Less, with Ingredients from Jars, Cans, Bags, and Boxes / Nancy Silverton

HEIRLOOM KITCHEN: Heritage Recipes and Family Stories from the Tables of Immigrant Women

THE IMMIGRANT COOKBOOK : Recipes that Make America Great

NEAR & FAR : Recipes Inspired by Home and Travel

ETHIOPIA : Recipes and Traditions from the Horn of Africa / Yanni Gebreyesus

1 Like

ETHIOPIA - can’t believe I forgot to nominate that one.

I second COOK, EAT, REPEAT .

COOK EAT REPEAT is a sentence

I DREAM OF DINNER
I finally get the “sentence” joke - just had it happen to me. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

[quote=“Saregama, post:14, topic:30681”]
NEAR & FAR : Recipes Inspired by Home and Travel – this one really has something for everyone

ETHIOPIA : Recipes and Traditions from the Horn of Africa / Yanni Gebreyesus
[/quote] – I tackled some of the veg recipes when I first got it but have yet to delve in.

Near and far

Cook eat repeat

1 Like

@poptart If you’re nominating, you need to type titles in all caps for them to be counted.

1 Like

Oh, sorry!

NEAR AND FAR

COOK EAT REPEAT

:blush:

Nominations are now closed. I’ll have a voting thread for you shortly.

Here is your voting thread:

Cook, Eat, Repeat will be our September selection. The announcement thread is here:

The reporting thread is here:

The October nominations are here: