Cookbook of the Month November 2022 - Nominations

It’s time already! I’m just now going to start cooking from our current book, but it’s also time to look to the future.
What book (and possibly accompanying website) would you like to cook from in November?

To nominate a book, put the title in ALL CAPS in the comments below. Titles not in all caps will not be counted as a nomination. You may nominate as many books as you wish. We do ask that you make your nominations with the intent of cooking along should the book be selected.

Nominations will close on Thursday, Oct. 20, at 10pm Pacific Time, U.S. After the nominations are counted, I will post a voting thread with the top contenders.

To see a list of our past selections, visit the COTM archive.

2 Likes

THE MALAYSIAN KITCHEN by Christina Arokiasamy

1 Like

GREENFEAST: AUTUMN, WINTER
by Nigel Slater

COOKING FROM YOUR PANTRY : Delicious Meals in 30 Minutes or Less, with Ingredients from Jars, Cans, Bags, and Boxes / Nancy Silverton

[NEAR & FAR : Recipes Inspired by Home and Travel] (https://www.eatyourbooks.com/library/165569/near--far-recipes-inspired) / Heidi Swanson

DINNER’S IN THE OVEN: Simple One-Pan Meals (aka The Roasting Tin) / Rukmini Iyer

1 Like

I came to suggest any and all of Rukmini Iyer’s ROASTING TIN books.

MALAYSIAN KITCHEN

Probably too new, but PERSIANA EVERYDAY

COOKISH

@ChristinaM , COTM nominations are open.

1 Like

@LulusMom1 Have you cooked from any of her books? I bought Simply ages ago but haven’t actually made anything yet.

ETHIOPIA - by Yanni Gebreyesus
THE WOK - J. Kenji López-Alt
KOREAN VEGAN - Joanne Lee Molinaro
I AM FROM HERE - Vishwesh Bhatt. This one is probably too new, as it just came out in August. But I want to start putting it on the radar. The author is a James Beard Award-winning chef in Oxford, MS. The food is Southern, and Indian, and everything in between, and I want to cook it all.

+1 for MILK STREET’S COOKISH

1 Like

No, I haven’t, but so much looks good, and I feel like cooking from it together would get me motivated.

1 Like

THANKSGIVING 101 by Rick Rodgers

I’d be up for SABRINA GHAYOUR MONTH

also
MEXICAN EVERYDAY / Rick Bayless (which was a CH COTM in 2013 but I doubt many folks still here participated back then, so why not.)

2 Likes

Sabrina Ghayour has 6 books out. Do you think we should narrow it down a bit? I’ve got Persiana, Sirocco, and Bazaar. I don’t think I’ve cooked from any of them! So doing a month of her work might light a fire under me.

SABRINA GHAYOUR month.

I can get down with doing MEXICAN EVERYDAY again.
THE FOOD LAB
CARMINE’S COOKBOOK

This would be my pick.

Can my Persiana Everyday please count towards Sabrina Ghaayoyr month?

1 Like

Do you see much difference between Everyday and Simple?

I don’t have, and haven’t seen, Simple.

Given low recent COTM participation, my thought was to err on the side of making it easier for more folks to participate.

1 Like

I’d also be up for an EXTENSION OF MAUNIKA GOWARDHAN MONTH.

1 Like

I would really like that because besides for two recipes, I haven’t had time to cook from the book yet. I’m currently out of town, then have a houseguest coming as soon as I get home (and will be mostly on the road with my guest looking at property for her to buy, so not much time for cooking). I do plan on cooking heavily from it once all that is over, but it will just give me the last week of the month. Sooo…

MAUNIKA GOWARDHAN MONTH extended

Also I haven’t seen I DREAM OF DINNER nominated this time, which is surprising, since it’s been in the running for the past few. So adding that to the mix.

1 Like