Control Freak

True!

I’m 6’ 2"–You’re a Dane–I’m a Swede

Just a Swede? I would have thought you embodied cultural fusion, Ray :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

OK, you got me: I’m 50% a Scot. :grinning:

1 Like

Not exactly built for warm SoCal, are you :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Things are pretty diverse here, Alexander.

We’ve got 4 seasons up in the mountains at Lake Arrowhead and Big Bear: I meet lots of your countrymen here in SOCAL in the winter.

Traveling in Asia is also like that. Chiang Mai, Thailand, is in the foothills of the Himalayas; Tokyo, Japan has Mt. Fuji. All over the world, there’s warm places where both you and I can feel comfortable.

Ray

I am moving back to Singapore in a few months and that is definitely not the right climate for a Norseman. Enjoying the last respite of Australian winter while I can.

1 Like

Oh Oh,

I don’t know Singapore, but I know Bangkok. On a typical Sunny humid day, you can take a walk and a shower at the same time.

My best suggestion for you is to take weekend trips to Chiang Mai–especially during the rainy season. You won’t be alone.

Hi Alexander,

Even though I do use my Vollrath Mirage in catering from time to time, I treat it as if it were a stove–with it’s own electrical, circuit breaker, and exhaust fan (shared with my microwave).

I don’t move it around.

You never answered my question, Ray. Are you licensed to cater anywhere in SOCAL? Anywhere at all?

1 Like

That’s how I picture it, too. Or, if you have the AC on, take it outside. Heat up the heat.

I was going to grab one for my camper, Kaleokahu. I think someone else said they took theirs camping.

Interesting, when I really go camping ( I go for longs hikes in Utah, AZ, NM) I call it hiking. I’m sleeping under the stars, no real protection from elements. Then, what I call camping is cutting grass, lounging with friends, drinkin’ brew by a campfire. I also have a rocket stove at my camper; which is my current go to. Rocket stoves are a heaven send. Can build one for almost free.

HEALTH AND SAFETY CODE - HSC
DIVISION 104. ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH
PART 7. CALIFORNIA RETAIL FOOD CODE
CHAPTER 10.1. Catering Operations and Host Facilities

(a) A catering operation shall meet the applicable requirements in Chapters 1 (commencing with Section 113700) to 8 (commencing with Section 114250), inclusive, and Chapter 13 (commencing with Section 114380), unless specifically exempted from any of those provisions. For purposes of this chapter, a catering operation refers to a permanent food facility approved for offsite food service activities.

(b) A catering operation shall operate from a permitted food facility that is capable of supporting the proposed food service activity to be conducted, and the type of food that is to be prepared offsite or served.

:woman_shrugging:t3:

Yeah, interesting.

Hmmm, what licensure and health codes would apply if a caterer operated from Mars?

1 Like
3 Likes

Hi Meekah,

I do not operate a commercial catering operation. I carry out not for profit catering for/with my church and friends–as I have described many times. I violate no laws.

Isn’t that pretty obvious?

So, you answered Kaleo’s question, the second time he asked…

Hi Meekah,

His questions, IMO, were bogus.

I already had answered Kaleo’s most recent “question,” in various forms, at least 10 or 15 times over the past five years.

I began my recent hobby kitchen 7 years ago as an experiment–with induction as a key component–but so was the need to get broader feedback, and examine the role of Vollrath induction in catering. We have a full commercial kitchen at my church, with professional caterers and restaurant owners to share the facilities. They’ve helped me when I made a dinner part of some teen music concert activities. We also have smaller events (20-30 people) where I participate most actively. Outside the church, I regularly have “pot luck” responsibilities with a Healthcare group at the home of an RN/Ph D research collaborator.

I’ve reported on this many times–most recently a July 4th incident in which an ECI pot was damaged. Why is this question asked–over and over?

1 Like

Ah, so you bring food to your church. That’s not catering as the term is usually understood.

You didn’t make your different usage obvious.

1 Like

Hi Kaleo,

Not true.

Only sometimes to church–other times to other groups–other places. I’ve made this clear many times, many posts, many threads. You’re misrepresenting what I say–again.

Ray. You may think you have explained many times. I am sure you have, but they are not clear. I am still not sure what you were talking about. I do not care and which is why I did not chime in. It seems Kaleo and Meekah also do not understand or confused.
I am sure Kaleo has misrepresented your position. However, take a step back, maybe your explanations are not clear.