Come one Come All to Apella Eatontown NJ for the Jr Mixed Grill Challenge....9/8 Thurs 6pm

Yikes, the only thing in Neptune is America’s Best Value Inn, $ 55 a night.

You might have to hold the cartwheels…

Sheraton in Eatontown is only 10-15 mins away. Key is to get there before 9pm when the back doors lock and can only be opened with a room key. Otherwise you have to do the bathroom equivalent of the “walk of shame” past the front desk to get to the bathrooms. Backup if 10nins is too long of a wait would be Jersey Shore Medical Centrer.

Jr you could subliminate two of these pies from your car in the parking lot.

Doing 4 or 5 …they would have to step up and instead of offering t shirts they would need some kind of leather vest with a patch, maybe a Jean jacket, possibly a few bandannas lol

1 Like

Jr what is your wing eating record? I’ve only done 33 at Leggetts…not great but respectable with probably 6 pints in me.

For f’cks sake I’m not a competitive eater!!! Lmao I’m sorry CJ I don’t have a “wing record” lol I’ve probably never had more than a dozen in any particular sitting.

Haha! Don’t mind me!

On a side topic, it is hot as balls out there. This might effect my menu today.

I’m doing some corn beef I got for $ .99 a lb at Shoptite after St Patty’s day and just threw in the freezer. It’s on the summer now.

I have the dismal mandate from Helga to clean out the freezers or else ! Kapowie ! And all my hidden treasures will be thrown out.

I’m going to serve the CB cold with home made rye bread, potato salad, cole slaw and half sours.

So it’s deli night tonight.

1 Like

Plus will have sammies for crabbin tomorrow !

You do know they have “What’s For Dinner” threads that would enjoy your daily cooking menus. (Not chastising you at all for posting this here, just saying they LOVE hearing what you are cooking) @linguafood even has a Facebook page dedicated to that topic you might enjoy.

Yes it is! I’m running errands it’s a hot day out there, just stopped at the Americana Diner for a turkey club. Just 1 turkey club!

1 Like

Or CJ to JR, you can be my wingman anytime:

Well what should I do with your smoked turkey?

I guess that makes you Iceman? (Val Kilmers character?)

Nope, I’m the bald large loud-mouthed ill-tempered captain with the bad jokes back on the carrier. Incidental to the main story line, provided mostly for comic relief and somewhat ridiculous.

I was thinking you and CJ were Ice and Maverick…

It may be 5 o’clock somewhere. After ten minutes on my deck I’m back in the meat locker I call home and possibly with an adult beverage.

Speaking of delis, has anyone done a Harold’s run lately? A few friends of mine want to make a trip soon.

Those sandwiches sound great viking. Make sure to bring some sun screen and a hat.

Viking are those home made half sours? I’ve been experimenting with pickle making for like a year or more. I’ve had mixed results :confused:

Caraway on the rye?

Yeah I am jonesing for at chili dog from Windmill since @VikingKaj was asking about them, there is no way in hell I could eat one of those and go out into these heat.

I do make home made half sours, it’s easy to do. You just need to follow the directions for the brine, boil it, pour over the kirby’s in the jar with the spices, seal the jar and let it sit in the fridge undisturbed for four days. I have a beer fridge in my basement which is where I usually put them, since the temperature does not go up and down as much if you don’t open the door. Also make sure your jar is sterile, put it through the stericycle on the dishwasher and seal it immediately after it comes out until you use it. Wild yeasts and other wee beasties can mess things up.

Today, however, I will be swinging by Foodtown to pick up some Shore’s, they are my new fav.

Rye is Swedish, so no caraway. % 50 King Arthur bread flour, 50 % Bob’s red mill stone ground rye, a little dark syrup and sea salt, that’s pretty much it.

1 Like

So were those the bifteki elliniki ?

I honestly don’t know, @seal ?