Come one Come All to Apella Eatontown NJ for the Jr Mixed Grill Challenge....9/8 Thurs 6pm

WHAT …!!! :sob:

Obviously this hostess was playing for the other team!

No, but I think the handsome young Greek waiter wanted to hug you…

1 Like

Can we all take a min to salute JR. The feat alone is amazing enough, but the fact that he did this in. A suit and tie instead of sweat pants for the extra room is a damned miracle…

7 Likes

Congrats, Jr. A truly amazing feat.

Missy

2 Likes

9 Likes

To have witnessed it in person, it was truly a feat to behold. However, it was even more a pleasure having met @curlz and @NotJrvedivici, and having reacquainted with @seal. Hope to see more HO meet-ups and even a greater turnout next time around when JR attempts to claim not 1, not 2, but 5 Pete and Elda t-shirts.

Fantastic :clap: :clap:

Wish I were there to witness it.

(I would have bet the mortgage against…glad I didn’t)

Here are my captions for the pictures/events above.

Picture 1.) Very nice meeting everyone…glad they were able to take time out of their day to get together. The nose and glasses were of course to confirm my identity. I didn’t want anyone to think there was an impostor Jr out there.

2.) The meat platter has arrived and Mission Control give the thumbs up, all is a go!! ( @seal didn’t you get a close up of the food?)

3.) Seal nailed this on, Hello @corvette_johnny…here’s to you for starting this friggin challenge. (were your ears ringing last night, because they should have been)

4.) As Seal appropriately points out the meat sweats did in fact start…notice the extra shiny temple. @jsfein did request a close up of the beads of meat sweat. lol

5.) The last two pieces…here was the real problem with this. About half way through the salt from the meats has pretty much completely dried out my mouth. Chewing & swallowing was a problem because my mouth was soooooooo dry from all the salt. I probably drank about 3 bottles of water myself, towards the end that piece of sausage was truly intimidating.

6.) One more “Here’s to you” @corvette_johnny" I did it !!!

7.) Thank God it wasn’t a full tray for desert because I couldn’t have fit the entire thing. (although from this pic it looks like my rogain is working…!!!)

Thanks again to Seal, Jsfein and Curlz for coming out. Sorry more of my NJ friends couldn’t make it. Now please stop challenging me, I really am nothing more than a bid stupid 10 year old who still responds to dares. (especially if it’s a double dog dare…NOBODY can refuse a double dog dare)

4 Likes

Man, this sounds like it could have been a televised food event! I will never doubt JR again LOL

So what was the favorite meat , or did it all just blend in as you tanked it?

I might have missed it drinking some beer last night and watching the game but what side did you choose JR?

Sampson you’re awesome :slight_smile:

3 Likes

For sure, it’s the sausage (loukanikos). The rest of us shared an app portion, and as @jsfein and @seal can attest, it’s fantastic but def needs the lemon squeeze to cut the salt/fat.

Thank you @hungryonion / Sampson for this great honor. This badge isn’t just about me…I share this honor with @corvette_johnny without his ridiculous dare none of this would have been possible. Also with @seal whom without we would not have had the photo-evidence to this accomplishment and to @jsfein for his words of encouragement during the darkest of hours when I didn’t think I could push myself any further I will never forget you leaning over and whispering these words of motivation in my ear; “Jr…You’re gonna eat lighting and crap thunder” (name this movie quote)

I also want to thank @CurlzNJ for being in my corner, wiping the meat sweats from my brow so I could maintain my focus on the task at hand.

I would like to thank @seal for…well just thanks Seal!!

2 Likes

The meat patties were probably the biggest “wow”, where I was honestly just anticipating an average “burger” type ground meat mix, this was seasoned very well, perhaps mixed with lamb meat? The flavor(s) of the meat patties were the biggest surprise in overall taste.

The gyro meat was also very good.

The chicken was a bit dry as Seal had forewarned me, still seasoned nicely but a tad bit dry.

The lamb chops were probably the biggest let down, just two double cut, and not large double cuts and just “average” lamb chops. Almost under-seasoned or non seasoned at all, not saying they were bad just bland for lamb chops.

The sausage was very good, however very salty and as one of the more abundant meats provided, this was the first thing I got “sick” of and had the hardest time finishing the sausage.

I concur

Side(s) was the lemon potatoes (of which I did not eat a single bite) and the pita bread.

Yeah, about 3/4 of the way through I was wishing they were tuxedo pants with the little side waste adjustable clip. lol What were the dress pants called with the adjustable waste? Sansebelt? I could have definitely used a pair of those, I actually stood at one point to A.) take a few deep breaths because my breathing was labored sitting down B.) To make sure I wasn’t stressing my suit pants too much. LOL

1 Like

Rocky
Once again I’m surprised that the restaurant dropped the ball

I’m sorry if I missed this, how did they drop the ball?