Columbo

Back in the 70’s Peter Falk was subletting an apartment down the hall from my folks in NYC while he was starring in Prisoner of Second Avenue on Broadway. Every time my folks went out I would make a dinner party for friends and I would always leave a note on his door to invite him for dessert. He never did come.

5 Likes

To lighten things up tonight, I caught this out of nowhere and thought some of you might get a kick out of it. One thing about Carol Burnett. She loved paying homage to her favorite TV shows and older movies.

1 Like

Thanks for the Columbo.

I missed it for many years and found it on Sundance, appreciate it. I have many episodes saved.

We’re watching Colombo re-runs over the election which I just want to get over with. I’m waiting for the real results to come in.

2 Likes

Good idea!

I’ve been rotating through Murder She Wrote, and Diagnosis Murder, but still do a bit of Columbo here and there, especially the early stuff.

2 Likes

We’ve changed to watching “Shampoo” a comedy set on the 1968 election. George, Warren Beatty had the heads.

2 Likes

Too soon?

No. I looked up the plot, and not “too soon”. Sounds more complicated than it probably is.

1 Like

We watched Miranda - a very funny British comedy show.

1 Like

I’m re-watching Top Chef season 6, episode 13, and thinking that award scene in the Columbo “Murder Under Glass” episode might be reminiscent of the Bocuse d’Or !

3 Likes

Haven’t watched Columbo for awhile. Keep forgetting🙂 Just a heads up in case anyone is interested. Tonight is Swan Song with Johnny Cash & Ida Lupino. As I noted before this one is highly recommended.

Also, to keep this food related. Rachael Ray & her husband John are big Columbo fans as is Al Roker who has the complete dvd set. Saw this on her inhome show awhile back and thought it was kinda cute.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yay! I didn’t know they were fans!
I went to the same elementary school as Al Roker. Just behind him, but I knew his sisters well.

3 Likes

I caught this on Sundance a few weeks back, I think it may have been you that alerted me to this channel as I love Colombo and hadn’t seen it in years.

Great episode, Johnny Cash calls Colombo little buddy a couple of times.

Another favorite is Troubled Waters while Colombo is on a cruise “boat” as he calls it and Robert Vaughn kills the female singer and tries to frame poor Lloyd.

Colombo always gets his man even in International waters where he has no authority.

I love the guy! :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree:

4 Likes
4 Likes

I love this itty bitty one word thread. Makes my day every time I bring it back up.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Louis Jourdan? I liked him better as the bad guy in Octopussy.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’ve been calling Columbo Colombo. I can keep my second generation Polish card. No jokes, please. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Late night shows here include both Mannix and then Cannon. I’m a bigger fan of Mannix and I did remember that Cannon was a big overweight P.I. but did not realise how much of a foodie he was on that show. Was probably(?) one of the earliest shows to bring that into the character.

5 Likes

I didn’t realize that! I’m going to look into that.

There is a Columbo marathon starting 1/2 at 500 am cst on Sundance. The pilot is scheduled first with a very young 1968 Peter Falk and Gene Berry.

I haven’t seen this in years and am looking forward to it. The dvr is set of course.

3 Likes

Ah! “Prescription: Murder”, with one of the series nefarious psychiatrists!

4 Likes

Make Me a Perfect Murder is on tonight ~ Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

Trish Van Devere
Lainie Kazan (I’ve always liked her)
Patrick O’Neal
Lawrence Luckinbil

3 Likes