Columbo

Can’t speak for your profession🙂 but there was a young Kim Cantrell. Kind of sweet what she said on Twitter:

“Me and the Gr8 Peter Falk in Columbo. One of my 1st BIG breaks. He was so kind and lovely.”

1 Like

Columbo is a big hit in France and still shows now on French TV. I remember his London show with English food.

The other day, I saw this book in amazon.

4 Likes

Thanks to all for the Colombo references. I only watched a couple episodes, but always thought it was quirkily funny. H and I will be watching start to finish, as we’ve been in the tv doldrums recently. Can’t wait, and thrilled for something to be excited about!

4 Likes

Prescription Murder is on tonight! This is what started it all and imo the best of the best.

2 Likes
1 Like

NYT has an article about watching Columbo under quarantine. Supposedly I can use a free link but haven’t figured it out yet.

3 Likes

But what does this has to do with Columbo?
Wrong thread perhaps?
Oh, I see you edited it now
Makes more sense now.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Copy and paste problems. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

This scene never ceases to have me laughing until I cry.

…the fastest way down! Did he really DO that? What a trooper! I hope it was just one take.

3 Likes

I’ve read that Peter Falk ad-libbed quite a bit while filming and imo that looks to be the case here. Good scene. Also, I had no idea that Bing Crosby turned the role of Columbo down because it would have interfered with his golf game. TG for golf.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Wow - unthinkable!

1 Like

Tonight is Negative Reaction with Dick Van Dyke. I don’t remember this one so looking forward to it. Also, a couple of weeks ago was Swan Song with Johnny Cash and Ida Lupino… I was already half way through it when I thought of this thread. Too late to let everyone know. Now that was a good one! Ida Lupino was great!

p.s… Larry Storch from F Troop is in it tonight.

3 Likes

Are these the COZI.TV ones or the METV ones?

MeTV.

1 Like

I follow Larry on FB but I don’t remember any posts since the advent of COVID.

1 Like

Who is Larry?? Larry Storch from F Troop? I remember him as a driving test guy.

I am currently watching Columbo on Sundance and sometimes Peacock. Lots of seasons, all the time. Except maybe not the pilot, with the psychiatrist.

2 Likes

Yes. I just assumed everyone was as reverential towards B stars as me!
:slight_smile:
My sister was even real estate partners with the skipper’s son Chris.
He moved back to LA.
:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

so glad you are posting

Me too!
Many friends are hurting and have lost everything.

2 Likes

We lost Cozi a couple years ago and I miss it. What a name. Oh well, you get what you pay for. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like