Clown Bar (Paris, 11e)

french
france
paris

Don’t get fooled by the name. The current chef at Clown Bar is cooking serious food. Portions are generous. Select several dishes from the entree (starter) section for a satisfying meal, or for a substantial meal order also from the plat section, I enjoyed a perfected cooked chunk of turbot that could have served two. Husband’s pork chop was also ample. Note that wine service veers toward natural wines,

3 Likes

(Steve R.) #2

We’ve been there twice this month & agree. The duck/foie main is worth getting, despite its 33euro price tag. Its splittable and worth it.

0 Likes

Besides the historic circus decor, Clown Bar has become a favorite spot to stop for a few sharable plates or something larger. The starter section offers a range of small piates.

photo

Husband started with the cod beignets with wowzer pepper sauce. (photo being recalcitrant)

I went for jumbo white asparagus with foie gras.
photo%202

He chose the signature duck pithiviers
photo%204

And i, the turbot. Very large portion, perfectly cooked. I managed…
photo%203

All portions were large, very conducive to sharing, and the starter menu varied enough to create a lovely small plate meal. I’d probably go this way next time, seeing how large the plates are.

No room for dessert after this large, rich fare.
With 4 glasses of well curated wine, excellent service, a reasonable tab.
photo%205

All in all, a superb place for a glass of wine and small plate or an entire meal.

4 Likes

(John Hartley) #4

Perhaps you could amend the thread title to include the location

0 Likes

I want that! Great to know they make pithiviers.

0 Likes

Done. Combined with another thread OP started a few days ago on the same restaurant.

0 Likes

The address is noted on the bill. But special thanks to naf for adding the coordinates

0 Likes

(Steve R.) #8

So that’s what the duck/foie dish I mentioned above is called. :clown_face:

0 Likes

:laughing: My French begins and ends with food terms. Actually, they gave us the English menu and we both stared at it before asking for French. It’s boggling how we come to recognize things by their local name. Like, would you prefer a multi-layer bread roll or a croissant?

0 Likes

(John Hartley) #10

Yes - but it helps to have it in the thread title (as this other thread now has). Otherwise, the restaurant could be anywhere across more than two continents - which meant I had to open the thread to find out where it was, to see if I was interested in it.

0 Likes

Location again... on Regional Posts

I think moderators should add the city. Many posters aren’t doing that anymore.

More on this here.

0 Likes

Sorry. Totally agree. I had no idea that on mobile devices the board wasn’t noted.

0 Likes