Clown Bar (Paris, 11e)

No, he had left a week before our visit. But I think it’s a mistake to get hung up on individual often short time celeb chefs. The house has an interest in maintaining an outstanding kitchen.

I was gonna say that. Both of our visits May 2019 were post-Sota Atsumi, but I’m not sure who, if any, chef was leading the kitchen when we ate there. I think Luis Andrade was still in the kitchen at Au Passage when we ate there end of May (& really liked it) & hadn’t yet made the move (again, unsure). The current menu at Clown Bar looks great and its on our list for a return visit (or two) this coming Fall (as is Au Passage & Amarante). We’ve rented an apartment in the 11th, so we’ll be able to waddle home from each of them. And Korus.

Just dined here last Sunday night. Pretty swell place. Has the soca “fries” which were good but the accompanying sauce needed more harissa, which was barely present except in color. Had the Magret in a black garlic sauce , which was the best magret I’ve ever had. Great wine list and spirits as well. I was told that they used to owned by a restaurant group and when they went out they got their cellar and spirits. Most impressive. I had a cidre from Normandy (that I’d hadn’t seen before) and was lovely.

3 Likes