Cleavers: types and uses

Hi alarash,

I agree, and your comment applies broadly, IMO. Question is, where is that “primary source material” for cookware?

Truer words…

1 Like

Hi damiano,

I think we have about a 20% advantage over you–retailer to retailer–if one compares top retailers in our two countries. However, AMAZON USA has special delivery relationships with many direct from Japan suppliers that widens the divide and avoids the duties for us–but not Canada and other places who still must pay duties.

EBAY brokers one of a kind “open box,” no box, or damaged box sales and auctions of even quite rare new kitchen knives–and previously owned knives priced in collector ranges. There are other avenues of purchase as well here in SOCAL.

The overall consequences is that total price differences make many knives prohibitively expensive to you quite affordable to us.

1 Like

Hi Tim, I seem to have missed your response. I don’t think I would have too much to contribute. I’ve pretty much just stuck with two brands. I didn’t even realize we had made in America options with the blues. There still might be a bit of room for discussion in the general thread. Wasn’t there a poster on Chowhound who ran their own retail shaving business?